Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Whenever I watch ROH, whether it's a wrestler or on commentary they always put over the past champions no longer with the company. A glaring emission seems to be Austin Aries. Is there a particular reason why he isn't mentioned in the same way as Joe despite being with the company much longer and more recently?

He's been very critical of ROH and doesn't get on with Joe Koff. He left under something of a cloud in 2010, and has been quite outspoken about the promotion since then (though not recently). He did an interview in 2012 where he called the promotion 'a shell of its' former self'.

Edited by ClassicsGuy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

So, All Star Extravanza was last night in Toronto.

The big news is that Jay Briscoe unseated Michael Elgin, and is now the second ever 2-time ROH world champion.

AJ Styles vs Adam Cole was reportedly best match on the card, while reDRagon retained the tag titles in the 2 out of 3 falls main event against the Young Bucks.

I'm surprised that the title change didn't go on last, as the tag title match had to struggle to follow it.

• Paid Members

Briscoe, Cole and Elgin all cut promos over the weekend hyping the show, and Elgin was so far behind the other two in every aspect of his game, you have to think they've been convinced he isn't at the races compared to the other two. A lot of people made the same comments online of "he's the champion, when you have these two cutting these promos?" He doesn't come across as any better with the belt than before. You have to make a step up when you're the champion. Especially following Adam Cole, who was really good. And who would Elgin work with on top? They've done AJ vs. Elgin and Cole vs Elgin loads.

Its weird. 2014 has been a really bad year for Elgin. New Japan and WWE (his two dream jobs) have both stated their non-interest in him working for them. He's in a weird position. He maybe an indy lifer now. Its one thing WWE telling you where to go, but its another the number 2 promotion not wanting you either. That's a one-two punch that could really put a dent in your confidence.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

Isn't there some speculation that the office was pissed off at him for saying he wanted to play baseball? I'm hoping its balderdash as everything about it is such rubbish but RoH are the pretentious type.

Although aren't the Briscoes homophobic dickheads on social media? God knows why you'd want someone like that representing your company.

I haven't watch ROH in ages but try to keep up-to-date with results. So the question I wonder the most when checking them is how on earth do you pronounce ReDRagon?

Is it Re-Dragon? Red-Ragon? Re-Dee-Ragon? Re-Dee-Arr-Agon?

It's just Red Dragon. I have no idea why they are called that. I presume it's something to do with Davey Richards, hence the DR in capitals.