Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Who is this Silas Young guy from a few page back and why hasn't he signed with anybody major yet (as far as I'm aware) ?. His Tex Cobb-like look is great.

He flattered to deceive for a long while but has been better recently. His match with Dalton Castle at the PPV was good, but Castle is great so it wasn't a surprise. His gimmick is "The Last Real Man", which basically means he's a miserable bastard, but that's hard to take seriously when you see him flipping around.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Ten years ago today, some guy named Bryan Danielson won the ROH World Title. TEN YEARS!

On a different note, is anyone considering the ROH PPV tomorrow night, All Star Extravaganza? Jay Lethal is defending the ROH World Title vs Kyle O'Reilly and the TV Title vs Bobby Fish in the same night, a storyline that actually was in place before Seth Rollins ended up in basically the same position going into WWE Night of Champions

Yeah, I'll give it a go as usual. Interesting booking, I had O'Reilly down as next world champ,and it is a bit soon, but with all the title challenges on Lethal's plate, I can see it. Want Lethal's reign (both reigns actually) to last longer tho.

Tbf, I think I'm actually most looking forward to Dalton Castle v Silas.....WITH DALTON'S BOYS ON THE LINE!!1 or SILAS BECOMES ONE OF THE BOYS!!1  awesome booking. I'm nervous though, Dalton needs those boys!

Edited by sj5522

• Paid Members

The Dalton Castle and Silus Young thing is just brilliant. Main selling point for me.

Unfortunately it's one of those shows on real PPV in the US so the IPPV price is jacked up to 22 quid (£22.46 to be precise). A hard sell that.

Edited by Benno

• 4 months later...
  • Paid Members

A bit of drama in ROH at the minute. One of the referees got a bit rapey with one of the women wrestlers and started slapping her arse. Delirious, found out and bollocked him and sacked in front of the locker room. He was like "fuck that". Pretty cool from Delirious if you ask me. Even in 2016, a lot of bookers would have done the whole "its just banter" stuff. Very little PR involved, he just didnt want that shit in his locker room.

I'm sure he was an ex WWE ref that had got released and I know Mr. Wrestling 3 and Kevin Kelly went as far as naming and praising him at Final Battle.

I'd love to think Delirious stayed in character bollocking him.

Kevin Keenan did release a statement through Wrestle zone stating he did slap Mandy Leon on the ass but apologised the next day. The reason he was let go is because he alleges Delirious is sleeping with Mandy Leon.

Take from that what you will.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

The fact that Mandy Leon didnt want her name out there (hence the ROH report to the Observer didnt include her in it) and Keenan went online to put himself over and expose all this tells you what kind of creep he is. Even if its true that Delirious and Mandy Leon are going out with each other, what is this creepy little tosser snap chatting her and slapping her arse? Sounds like this ref is a right nob.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

There is one report basically stating it wasn't a one off occasion and that it was a case of him not understanding the basic rule of 'no means no' throughout the night.

I mean if you can't understand that basic rule you get what's coming to you.

Away from this I can't wait for the Bucks vs ACH & Sydal this week. Hope this will be lots better than last week's episode.

Edited by stevieg1980

• Paid Members

Yeah I enjoy ROH more than I have in years but there's no more skippable TV Show out there some weeks. When there's Lucha Underground, NXT, the New Japan shows and even Raw and Smackdown on a good week, it's easily missed. Impact even looked worth a watch over it this last week.

Looking forward to the new shows with their new stage setup, hopefully it'll get me motivated to tune in a bit more between PPV's.