Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Taken from Benno's post in the NJPW Thread

Honor Rising Night 1&2 Cards

Friday 9.30am UK Time:

•Jushin Liger & Matt Sydal vs. Dalton Castle & Ryusuke Taguchi

•Delirious vs. Gedo in the battle of the bookers

•Kushida vs. Frankie Kazarian (non-title)

•Michael Elgin & Moose & Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomoaki Honma vs. Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga & Yujiro Takahashi & Cody Hall

•Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Young Bucks & Kenny Omega

•Mark & Jay Briscoe vs. Karl Anderson & Doc Gallows

•Tetsuya Naito & Jay Lethal vs. Kazuchika Okada & Yoshi-Hashi

•ROH Champion Roderick Strong vs. Tomohiro Ishii

Saturday 9.30am UK Time:

•Jay White vs. David Finlay

•Matt Sydal & Jushin Liger vs. Delirious & Gedo

•Frankie Kazarian vs. Dalton Castle

•Bobby Fish & Kyle O'Reilly & Hirooki Goto & Katsuyori Shibata vs. Karl

•Anderson & Doc Gallows & Bad Luck Fale & Tama Tonga

•Kushida & Moose vs. Tetsuya Naito & Bushi

•Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin & Roderick Strong vs. Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii & Yoshi-Hashi

•Mark & Jay Briscoe & Toru Yano vs. Young Bucks & Kenny Omega for Never six man titles

•ROH Champion Jay Lethal vs. Tomoaki Honma

Caught the episode of ROH TV for this week. Night and day compared to last week.

Jason Kincade and Lio Rush had a really decent Top Prospect match. Kincade really impressed with his unique look and even more unique moves. Out of all the 8 he's looked the most impressive even though Lio Rush didn't get much offense to shine.

The Beer City Bruiser and Silas Young vs Caprice Coleman and Will Ferrara was there to forward storylines and was alright.

The reveal of the man Steve Corino had to take out BJ Whitmer didn't end up being much of a surprise.

Mark Briscoe had a match against Tough Tim Hughes which wasn't much.

And the main event of The Young Bucks vs ACH & Matt Sydal was fun. Whatever you think of the Bucks they are always entertaining even if it's not to your taste.

Worth a watch I think. The opener and the main to watch if you want to skip stuff but an good way of killing 50 minutes.

• Paid Members

ROH 14th Anniversary Card

ROH World Title

Jay Lethal vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

ROH TV Title

Roderick Strong vs Bobby Fish vs Tomohiro Ishii

ROH World Tag Team Title - No DQ

The All Night Express vs War Machine

NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship

The Young Bucks & Kenny Omega vs Kushida, ACH & Matt Sydal

The Briscoes vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin

Kazuchika Okada vs Moose

BJ Whitmer vs Adam Page

Alex Shelley vs Christopher Daniels

Hirooki Goto vs Dalton Castle

Edited by SBD

• Paid Members

You can get it on the ROH site or on Playstation network but it'll cost you 25 quid ($34.95) wherever you get it because they can't undercut the PPV price.

We are SOLD OUT in Las Vegas, so the only way to see the #ROH14th Anniversary Live is on Pay Per View - Available on All Major Providers, the Fite App, rohwrestling.com, and the Playstation Network, where if you are PS plus member you’ll receive 20% OFF!!

MAIN EVENT*

TRIPLE THREAT ROH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Jay Lethal © w/ Truth Martini vs Adam Cole vs Kyle O'Reilly

NO DQ for the ROH WORLD TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP

War Machine © vs the All Night Express

ROH WORLD TELEVISION CHAMPIONSHIP TRIPLE THREAT MATCH

*New* ROH World TV Champion Tomohiro Ishii vs Roderick Strong vs Bobby Fish

NEVER Openweight Six Men Title Match

The Young Bucks & "The Cleaner" Kenny Omega © vs IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion KUSHIDA, ACH & #Reborn Matt Sydal

The Briscoes vs Hiroshi Tanahashi & "Unbreakable" Michael Elgin

IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada w/ Gedo vs Moose w/ Stokely Hathaway

Alex Shelley vs "Almighty" Christopher Daniels

GRUDGE MATCH

BJ Whitmer vs Adam Page

Hirooki Goto vs Dalton Castle w/the Boys

The ROH IPPV shows are usually worth the money but I often skip out on these high priced ones unless there's something must see. I was almost tempted with Ishii having the TV belt but not really interested in watching him drop it in a 3 way without taking the fall.

It's a good looking stand alone card if you want to see the New Japan guys but can't say there's been much going on on TV to promote much of it outside of the stuff involving BJ Whitmer. They had Kyle O'Reilly doing jobs in multiman in Japan last week when he's in the world title match here too.

Edited by Benno

• Paid Members

I was almost tempted with Ishii having the TV belt but not really interested in watching him drop it in a 3 way without taking the fall.

I hope you're wrong on this one, not that I want the belt on Ishii in particular its more I'm not comfortable with a 1 week reign

It's a good looking stand alone card if you want to see the New Japan guys but can't say there's been much going on on TV to promote much of it outside of the stuff involving BJ Whitmer. They had Kyle O'Reilly doing jobs in multiman in Japan last week when he's in the world title match here too.

Loved the O'Reily/Cole match from Final Battle and wondered what would come next when I seen they had booked a 3 Way for the Title I immediately thought they are putting the belt on Cole, like you said they just Jobbed O'Reily out not that I thought he would be getting the belt but a bit of momentum would look better on paper

• Paid Members

The Motor City Machine Guns are back together. I could cry. One of my favourite tag teams ever. Great for Sabin as well, because his knees are shot, the Machine Guns will protect him and also make him a good living, since on his own he isnt really appealing as an indy attraction. As a pair, they are always a hot act.

The Motor City Machine Guns are back together. I could cry. One of my favourite tag teams ever. Great for Sabin as well, because his knees are shot, the Machine Guns will protect him and also make him a good living, since on his own he isnt really appealing as an indy attraction. As a pair, they are always a hot act.

Are they signed to ROH or could WWE (NXT) grab them for a few of their shows?

ROH is really the tag team promotion at the moment. The Machine Guns once done with the Addiction surely will be set up to have great matches with the Bucks, Sydal & ACH and The Briscoes.

Something very very flat about ROH for me at the minute, I have always held the promotion in high regard and looked forward to the shows but I am just not really intrigued by any of the main storylines. I like Lethal, but I want to see him involved in something better, there is a lot of hype around O'Reilly but I can't quite get into him, the 3 way was good but just kind of that, good, nothing special. The other thing that would worry me if I were involved with ROH is how reliant they are on New Japan, take away the NJPW guys from that show and what star power have you got left, not a lot.

Apparently at the tapings after the 14th Anniversary show there was some unrest among talent who are not happy with the way delirious is booking, Christopher Daniels has taken more of a role backstage and is effectively assistant booker, which by all accounts has calmed things down with him being so well respected in the back.