Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Kings of Wrestling Vs MCMG is going time limit I'm calling it now. MCMG won't win as it's a title match, KOW win clean wod susprise me, unless it's a cheap finish which done right wont take away from what an awesome match it will be. Maybe as good as the Wolves/Danielson & Black 45 minute draw last year.

Edited by Boon Town Rat

• Paid Members
For anyone that might be interested - ROH are offering 50% off merch for the next day or so

Cheers for that. Just ordered Reverse The Curse, Final Battle 2009, SoCal Showdown and the 8th Anniversary Show plus SHIMMER Vol.27 for

• Paid Members

EDIT : I'll treat BRM's remark with the contempt it deserves. Everything's cool with Ian - "internet marks settle spat feud shocker" :):)

Edited by Dearly Devoted Dexter

• Paid Members

Not to the best of my knowledge. I'm not quite sure why ROH booked KOW vs MCMG as opposed to Wolves vs MCMG. I think someone did explain the reason on the ROH board, but I forgot it.

• Moderators
EDIT : I'll treat BRM's remark with the contempt it deserves. Everything's cool with Ian - "internet marks settle spat feud shocker" :):)

Oh fuck off. You've never got any real rebuttal for fuck all. Grow a pair for once in your life and argue your fucking corner. What makes roh the best company in the US? It's not the booking. It's fucking certainly not the ring work. Stop taking this thread as your own safe home and fucking discuss things instead of pouring scorn on mainstream wrestling in other threads, then using this as your personal soapbox when challenged.

And drop the Self-Importance as well, cockeyes.

ADDENDUM: Gadge, you're a fine poster.

Edited by ButchReedMark

• Paid Members

Temporarily up-to-date with ROH - and after the dollar tanked after the election I'm so glad I put my order for the next three shows in a while back. Anyway, while I wait for Royal Mail to do their stuff, let's check out the competition....

Dragon Gate USA : Open The Untouchable Gate

• Paid Members

Damn you DDD, I've watched that show a couple of days ago and was convinced I'd get a review in before you. Dammit. Anyway, I finished the HDNet tapings review from the previous page just now, so it'll be along soon and I can get on with Final Countdown Tour: Boston...

• Paid Members

Also, here's results of what might be the final Manassas show, courtesy of the ROH forum...

ROH Live Event - 5/7/10 - Manassas, VA

No return date listed or announced as of yet.

a. Grizzly Redwood & The Bravado Brothers over Mr. Ernesto Osiris, John Kermon & The Bodysnatcher w/ Sly Stetson

b. Non-Title: ROH World Tag Team Champions The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli) over The Set (Lance Lude & J-Sinn) when Claudio nailed Lude with a European Uppercut while he was on Hero's shoulders.

Crowd estimate is 300.

1. Eddie Edwards' Ten Minute Hunt Match; If a challenger can last 10 minutes he will get a future TV Title Match

ROH Television Champion Eddie Edwards over Bobby Dempsey with a Half-Crab; do not believe Dempsey lasted 10 minutes.

2. Grudge Match

Jay Briscoe over Co-ROH World Tag Team Champion Claudio Castagnoli after Jay reversed Claudio's spinning touture rack into a flash roll-up.

Post-match, Claudio attacked Jay and Hero hit the ring to double team until Mark Briscoe made the save, leading to...

3. Grudge Match

Co-ROH World Tag Team Champion "That Young Knockout Kid" Chris Hero over Mark Briscoe via KO with Loaded Elbow Pad shot.

Jay out to save and tells Hero & Claudio that the belts will be coming back to them.

4. Pick 6 Series Challenge Match

#1 Roderick Strong over Erick Stevens via Running/Flying Boot to retain his #1 spot. Match of the Night thus far.

~In a promo by Prince Nana, he alluded to this being the final Manassas event.

INTERMISSION

Attendance update: 350-400

5. Pick 6 Series Challenge Match

Colt "Boom Boom" Cabana over #5 Kenny King via DQ when Kevin Steen attacked Colt; no update on if King loses his Pick 6 spot as this was the Pick 6 contest that ended in DQ.

6. Pick 6 Series Challenge Match

"The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels over #2 "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

7. Tag Team Challenge Match

Delirious w/ Daizee Haze & ROH World Champion Tyler Black over Austin Aries & "Addicted to Love" Rhett Titus when Delirious pinnd Rhett.

Decent show overall.