Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i'll miss Prizefighter because of work, it'll be recorded though.

Is anyone gonna get the Khan/Salita PPV? i wasn't gonna bother, but Frank Warren's put a decent undercard together. So i might get it Saturday night, or i'll leave it and watch Prizefigher Saturday and get the Khan fight (by other means) on Sunday.

• Paid Members

no idea, but he's 31-0. He's talking a good game and the talk in the press is that he's a legit challenger.

But this is boxing, who knows?

Interestingly Breides Prescott is on the undercard against Kevin Mitchell.

I'm in two minds to be honest. I'll wait until about 7pm on Saturday to decide.

How much of a talent is this Salita?

He'll never beat Khan. I know its hard to rule out after Khan lost to Prescott, but Salita is little more than a sacrificial lamb for Khan. The odds say it all, Khan 1/7, and salita 9/2 on skybet. I'm sure theres plenty of different ones out there, but thats an example.

I shan't buy it, being away at uni doesn't help but I could have gone home and paid for it if I really wanted to. It's just not a PPV-worthy card. The undercard is alright, but nothing special, and they will only show the Olympians, Mitchell v Prescott and Khan v Salita live. Personally if I paid

He'll never beat Khan. I know its hard to rule out after Khan lost to Prescott, but Salita is little more than a sacrificial lamb for Khan. The odds say it all, Khan 1/7, and salita 9/2 on skybet. I'm sure theres plenty of different ones out there, but thats an example.

He's not quite a sacrificial lamb. I think Khan should beat him but he's certainly not a total gimme. And the odds show one thing - A high profile Brit is facing a Ruski no one has heard of the bookmakers, quite rightly, assuming that the cast majority of the money will be going on 'our boy'.

• Paid Members

Danny Green has annihilated living legend Roy Jones Junior. In a fight held in Sydney Australia Jones Junior came out flashing his trademark jab. Keeping the aggressive Green at bay. Green was coming forward with purpose looking to land his much improved jab. Jones was circling trying to keep Green on the outside. Green backed Jones into the corner and sent a huge right hand over the top of Jones Juniors right shoulder. Landing it flush on Jones temple. Jones went down heavy and it looked as if the fight was over after little over a minute. Jones with the help of the ropes managed to get to his feet before being counted out. Jones Junior was visibly in very bad shape.

Green came forward and backed Jones up into the ropes and unleashed with a barrage that Jones offered next to no return fire. Green kept sending them down the barrel throwing every punch in the book while bashing Jones Junior from pillar to post. The ref saw fit

http://sports.yahoo.com/box/news;_ylt=Ap4e...o&type=lgns

The much-anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is all but set for March 13, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

Mayweather has agreed to terms and promoter Bob Arum is making a trip to Manila, Philippines, to finalize a deal with Pacquiao, the source said.

More From Kevin IoleMailbag: Pacquiao gets snubbed Dec 1, 2009 Funeka the latest victim of boxing robbery Nov 30, 2009 Las Vegas, Dallas and New Orleans are the front-runners to host the bout, which is expected to become the highest-grossing boxing match in the sport

• Paid Members

Jesus I can't believe that Roy Jones result.Even at this stage of his career I never expected him to ever just be destroyed in one round.It got spoilt for me too,I read it on teletext and it had a quote from Jones Jr which was something like 'well I guess now I go back into retirement'.

Great news about Mayweather vs Pacquiao.I still don't want to get my hopes up yet though.It's one of those fights where I won't really believe it's happening until I see them in the ring with Michael Buffer introducing them.If the March 13th date is accurate I really think UFC would be wise to move UFC 111 to a different date.There's no way GSP vs Hardy can compete with Mayweather vs Pacman.

• Paid Members

just watched Green/Jones Jr. Basically Jones was pawing like he always does looking to unleash his speedy counters and Green just came over the top with a right, it didnt even land flush, Jones was gone. He got up and Green pounced all over him, all fairness to him he didn't let Jones breath. The ref, rightfully stepped in.

It's crazy cause Jones Jr. looked absolutely spectacular against (an albeit washed up) Jeff Lacy a month or two back.

The much-anticipated bout between Floyd Mayweather Jr. and Manny Pacquiao is all but set for March 13, a source told Yahoo! Sports.

I'll save an awful lot of people some trouble :

Gee, Manny wasn't nearly as good as I thought he was.
Edited by Joe_the_Lion