Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Did anyone watch the Pacquiao Cotto fight?..

I managed to stay up till 5:30am.. and I'm so glad I did. An amazing fight that had you on the edge of your seat from start to finish. Pacquiao was just brilliant throughout, and even though Cotto got battered, he actually boxed pretty well!.

All the talk will be about Pacquiao Mayweather now.. and if it does happen.. it will certainly be the biggest match made in my lifetime.

• Paid Members

Pac-Man is incredible. Like Bioneck Redneck, this fight had FOTY written all over it for 3 rounds, after that it was a brutal destruction. Cotto fought valiantly, and i even think won the 10th after being destroyed in the 9th. But it was just an amazing performance from Manny.

He has to fight Mayweather!!!

i think pac would be to quick for mayweather on that performance and would probably take him on points if they fought. However, i would be surprised if mayweather fights him after a performance like that. I reckon Mayweather will look for one or 2 maybe easier money fights before taking on the pacman. Can't wait to see what happens next thought.

With their last performances both being amazing I wouldn't like to put money on the winner of Pacquaio/Mayweather but I do think the fight needs to happen now. They've both come off dominating displays (I'd rank Pacquaios performance above Mayweathers) and this is the best chance to find out who the best boxer in the world is. If they can agree on a 50/50 split and maybe keep it at 145lbs then it should be an amazing clash and possibly become the highest grossing fight of all time. (Which is Mayweather/ De La Hoya at the moment if I'm not mistaken).