Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

First thought is Ward on pts, but if Kovalev can box and not get tied up, it could go the same as the Hopkins fight. I expect it to be unpretty to watch but interesting at the same time. Many boo's from the crowd and no one wanting a rematch. I hope Kovalev wins myself.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XVeRk7piOnk&feature=youtu.be

Great promo from Mayweather about Mcgregor

Edited by Porkchopcash

• Paid Members

for those planning on watching the Groves/Gutknecht fight tomorrow, the broadcast runs from 6:30 on Spike, then goes to Channel 5 at 10 for the Groves fight. I think the plan is to show the Andrew Selby fight on a delay on the 10 o'clock portion after the Groves fight.

Highly recommend checking out Selby if you've yet to see him fight.

It's on Sky Sports 1 over here, wandshogun09, cheers for the vids, Egg Shen, it is one of the most interesting fights to call this year, I'm going to wait until I see them at the weigh in that takes place soon before picking. 

This Groves vs Gutknecht fight has been decent, Groves been dominant for the most part and  on my score cards at least six rounds up come the end of the 12th round.

Edited by Gooner

• Paid Members

It's on Sky Sports 1 over here, wandshogun09, cheers for the vids, Egg Shen, it is one of the most interesting fights to call this year, I'm going to wait until I see them at the weigh in that takes place soon before picking. 

This Groves vs Gutknecht fight has been decent, Groves been dominant for the most part and  on my score cards at least six rounds up come the end of the 12th round.

yeh, Groves looked good. He beat the fight out of Gutknecht after 6 rounds and Groves dominated late on, i'd liked to have seen him get the stoppage though. 4th World Title looms.

Andrew Selby is only 7-0 but he's so far above the level he's fighting at it's almost embarrasing to watch. He needs fast-tracking in 2017, can't wait to see what he can do against some decent opposition.

For anyone wondering, ring walks are scheduled at 4am for Ward vs Kovalev. I'll be setting my alarm.

Groves looked did indeed look decent. I can't help but shake the feeling that he's on the road to meeting DeGale again next year. One of them will probably hold a version of the title - perhaps even both.