Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

British referee's should not be in world title fights with British fighters. Flores took a blatant low blow from Bellew and the referee just stood there watching. It changed the fight, hence why Bellew knocked him down so many times. Flores should have stopped complaining & continued but I imagine its difficult after taking an uppercut to the bollocks.

He's the worst referee the UK has. I definately think the UK is getting a rep for hometown referees, Paulie touched on it during the Crolla fight. To be fair Flores didnt look to good, i got the impression Bellew could walk through his shots thays why he went out guns blazing. The aftermath was interesting, quite funny. Haye would spark him in about 3 rounds though. Bellew has a poor defence and especially as Haye said the fight woul have to be at Heavyweight.

Luke Campbell needs to push on now, was a good performance, he looks big for his weight and handled Derry comfortably. Not sure who would be next for him, a year ago Burns and Mitchell looked likely opponents but not anymore.

• Paid Members

Klitschko vs Joshua. Quality. 10th December. Looking forward to it although it could halt Joshua's rise if he doesn't get a result.

Edited by Suplex Sinner

• Paid Members

I've never liked Bellew but that post-fight interview was good stuff. There's not enough of that kind of thing in boxing these days for me and it's made me really want to see him fight Haye now.

Thought he was spot on ripping into Haye for his recent opposition as well. I mean, Haye's first fight back being against a bum I was fine with. He'd been out over three years so I was totally cool with him having a warm up fight to reintroduce himself back into the public eye before taking on a proper opponent. But then when he did it again for his next fight it seemed a bit off. I can't even remember the guy's name but he just looked terrible. To the point that talk of a fight with Old Man Briggs actually sounded like a massive step up for Haye's next outing.

So yeah, I'd be well on board with Haye vs Bellew. Although I don't think the actual fight itself would be anything special, it'd be much more preferable to Haye's last two and if nothing else the build-up will deliver. Imagine The Gloves Are Off with those two?

Sign me up, Spongebob!

• Paid Members

Missed the fights and had them spoiled for me :( im glad Bellew got through it and looked good doing so because the Haye fight needs to happen. I'd pick Haye to win it but the build up would be great fun.

Bellew is one of best promo's in the damn business.

Haye is pencilled in to fight in December. The opponent is slated to be announced this week. However, Hearn has booked the O2 for March 4th next year in case they can put Haye vs Bellew together. I've got my fingers crossed. I think Haye wins convincingly, but it will be an entertaining ride.

• Paid Members

Listening to an Eddie Hearn interview with IFL, sounds like Haye/Klitschko is on the rocks, the WBA are cocking things up at present.

On the subject of IFL, thought i'd post this video of Eddie Hearn doing various boxing impressions, some of them are spot on.

don't really know why so many people hate on Hearn, he comes off a great guy in these videos.

I like Eddie. As someone said previously in this thread he's "likeable slime"

He's one of the best interviews in the game. IFL's relationship with him makes British boxing much easier to follow. Plus, he's side by side with Frank Warren. Therefore, he's very much the lesser of two evils.