Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I agree about Khan, Rossman. Just can't see him troubling Floyd much. I could actually see a rare Floyd KO win there.

I can't see Mayweather vs Thurman happening. Just can't see Floyd thinking that's worth the risk with Thurman's power plus not being a household name. I'd favour Floyd but I think he'd see it as a little too much risk vs reward.

If the Pacquiao fight doesn't come off, and at this point I've given up hope, I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Khan and does a Cotto rematch to go for another title in another weightclass. That one would bolster his legacy and likely do big on PPV with Cotto's name/popularity, but it's a fight Mayweather probably wins fairly comfy. I think.

Khan doesn't deserve to face Mayweather, no matter how much he tries to talk or throw shots and tell the world he would do this, do this, too much speed, power etc, the guy is a fool. He may wanna focus on rematching some of those losses he suffered, he seems to think beating a average Collazo who is mainly known for giving Hatton a close fight seven years ago gives him a shot, but then saying that he side stepped a fight against Alexander in the hope he would get Mayweather in May, Maidana beats Broner and the rest as they say is history. I'm not sure who is next for Mayweather, I do think Cotto in a rematch will happen in one of his last two fights on the Showtime contract, but that also depends on what happens on a Canelo/Cotto fight as that is without doubt one of the biggest money fights out there right now. For the Pacquiao fight to happen the rematch against Maidana needs to draw bad and then Showtime who are paying Mayweather a fortune will need to get involved. The fact Kerry was asking Mayweather about Pacquaio clear as day for the first time after one of his fights since Showtime signed Floyd shows me they want the fight as they know it's by far the biggest money drawing fight in history. I only want to see him face Pacquiao, only other option where I might have interest is a fight against Thurman.

• Paid Members

thoughts on Groves/Rebrasse?

Groves came through with a wide points win, but despite Rawling/Watt trying to emphasise that Groves was in putting in a world class performance i didn't see it. It felt like Groves came out expecting to blow through Rebrasse and threw a lot into the few rounds only to find that the Frenchman was tough and wasn't gonna go away. I don't think there was an argument to give Rebrasse many rounds but it was a competitive fight. Still, i didn't see anything from Rebrasse to make me think he's anything other than a decent European level fighter at best.

I agreed fully with Carl Froch post fight when he said 'would you put Groves in with Anthony Dirrell on the back of that performance?' i don't think it'd be a wise move but it's likely the way they're gonna go.

I agree Ebb.

I feel George thought he was in for a much easier night.

I really like the fella but he threw far too many shots for my liking. He was miles away with a fair few.

Don't get me wrong I admire a good work rate but you need to be sensible and smart with it. He could have paced things much better.

Dirrell won't be easy, he's a difficult/tricky fighter who gave Froch problems in his own back yard.

• Paid Members

watching Ringside, looks like it's off. They're reporting that Saunders will stay on the card against another opponent. All quiet on the Eubank front.

Eubank himself posted pictures of the fight poster on Twitter a week or so back so who knows what's happened, guess we must wait for Eubank's response.

Sucks.

anyone think there'll be repercussions for what Saunders says in that interview? fucking hell, he doesn't hold back does he.

I did wonder about that

In more positive news, it looks like Bellew vs Clev is happening on the 22nd November in Liverpool. This is better than the 29th, which would clash with Warren's card.

Wouldn't be the first time Warren has pulled such a stunt. Someone needs to get a PR guy around Saunders any time he decides to type or talk verbally when he is being taped. I'm sure he said all sorts and it was posted on here a few months back on his twitter account that made him look a complete prat, that video posted above just goes to show he hasn't learnt since that incident.

Roy Jones Jr continues on the comeback trail tomorrow in Russia against Atiyo who has a 14-2 record, is moving up from Light Heavyweight to Crusierweight for this fight and has never fought out of Africa till now. Jones still thinks he can become a world champion, I expect him to do the business here by stoppage within five rounds