Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I haven't got round to watching any of the All Access episodes yet and I was just coming in here to ask if they were worth my time, I'll assume they are then :)

My girlfriend's at her Mom's all day tomorrow so I think I'll try to watch all four. I'm still fancying Mayweather by a fairly wide decision, but there's always that chance he turns up looking his age finally, and Canelo is a dangerous, powerful opponent. I really like Canelo as well, and with the Floyd-Manny stuff now long dead, I've got no reason to hope Floyd wins this. Fuck him, I hope the ginger from Mehico lays him out.

That's what I'm hoping for. What I'm expecting is Mayweather via relatively comfy UD, after maybe a shaky start. I'll see if All Access mindfucks me into thinking otherwise tomorrow.

• Paid Members

yeh, wand i recommend them. There's nothing groundbreaking and it won't tell you anything about either you probably don't already know, but they are so well made that you can't help but wanna bounce around the room excited by the end of it.

EBB summed it up above about access

I would say this is Floyd's biggest challenge since Hatton and De Le Hoya in 2007. Marquez was a favorable style match-up, Mosely was a OAP, Victor Ortiz was a good league below, as was Guerrero.

Here, Floyd faces a young and fresh fighter. I still like Floyd to win on points, but he could have some hairy moments. Due to Pac-Man's latest losses, this could be the biggest fight boxing had available, I am chuffed we are getting it.

I'm guessing Matthysse in six or Garcia from six onwards. I'm unsure how to call that fight, Garcia is good at everything, Matthysse is a killer, but boxers have beat him in the past, for me it's whether Garcia is a good enough boxers to stay away and pick him off.

15 pundits - ex opponents, promoters, trainers etc....all pick mayweather to win on pts, bar one who has a mayweather stoppage. Warren makes a point that if he couldnt stop matthew hatton, how is alvarez going to stop floyd? Also austin trout reckons the open scoring is what fucked him up against alvarez.

For me i do not see whats so good about him, he does nothing wrong but also does nothing really really good. Hes a big solid good young boxer. It seems to me that we have just been programmed and told hes a huge threat. Weve been told hes a superstar- which he isnt. Hes never headlined a ppv before, non boxing fans do not know who he is. I really hope its a competitive fight and alvarez goes for it. But i cant c past a floyd landslide. Floyd also has a longer reach than him. As hatton found out, thats a difficult thing to overcome.

Im always wrong tho.

Put 20quid on a floyd, matthyse, kid gallaghad treble. You get 55 back. 35 profit. Good ch5 boxing is still on. Shud be a good fight.

• Paid Members

Canelo is a superstar amongst Mexican people no doucbt, did you see the crowd that came out to see him fight Austin Trout? (that pun was not deliberate). Outside of Mayweather and Pacquiao, Canelo is probably the biggest draw in American boxing.

I would say this is Floyd's biggest challenge since Hatton and De Le Hoya in 2007. Marquez was a favorable style match-up, Mosely was a OAP, Victor Ortiz was a good league below, as was Guerrero.

Even then, De La Hoya was on his way out, and Hatton was fairly battleworn by that point as well. That's what I mean with Floyd, it always seems impossible to tell how good he really is, as he never seems to be involved in the fight when his opponent is prime, young, and ready to go.

Thomas Hauser summed it up perfectly for me;

When people talk about why Sugar Ray Robinson was great, they don