Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

great to read that was.

just trawling you tube and come across these short clips of fights of the decade on hbo.

gatti ward 3

morales barrera

delahoya mosley......

anyway follow the links, theres a good few and all short 4 min clips which higlight how great the fights were

great fight lewis vitali was, the yanks seemed to want lewis to lose so much for some reason.

Edited by Mr Lawrence

• Paid Members

great to read that was.just trawling you tube and come across these short clips of fights of the decade on hbo.

gatti ward 3
morales barrera
delahoya mosley......anyway follow the links, theres a good few and all short 4 min clips which higlight how great the fights were
great fight lewis vitali was, the yanks seemed to want lewis to lose so much for some reason.
yeh man, the HBO sports channel on youtube has some great stuff on it as far is boxing is concerned, the Greatest Hits segments are quality too.

Mikey Garcia put Juan Manuel Lopez away without much trouble in the 4th round last night, but the fight was tainted by yet another fighter failing to make weight. This is becoming a regular occurrence in boxing, and needs to be hit on the head somehow.

Yeah, I didn't like that. Its not a coincidence he's got the same trainer, manager & promoter as Brandon Rios who is also a repeat offender at that. If he really wanted to make the weight he could of done it with the 2nd weigh in. He was only 2lbs over and that could of come off with shadow boxing in a sweat-suit, steam room or laxatives if they were desperate. They can't be short of money if he's handing over $150k for 2lbs. Even with the weight loss, it wouldn't of helped JuanMa, he's too shopworn now to fight at world level. Sad to see because he used to be really good but those Salido fights have done him in.Terrence Crawford looked decent on the undercard, maybe not as good as the "best lightweight in the world" as Max Kellerman called him but good enough to do damage in the lightweight division. I thought his fight against Prescott was more of a challenge than the Mexican guy last night. Sanabria didn't have the gas to go very long and was only a come forward fighter with no plan B.

• Paid Members

This is coming out in October;

51ZXUhNo2TL._SX_.jpg

I'll be getting that. Big fan of Hagler.

There's also this which has just been released according to Amazon;

51OSaZoAEEL._SX_.jpg

Might be worth picking up.

What's's people thoughts on Broner/Paulie this weekend. Broner is overwhelming fav to be the new WBA champ at 147lbs, but jumping up two weight classes is a big deal and how he's gone about doing so is too as he does like his jumk food, especially twinkies. If he hasn't put the weight on properly for the most part, he could be sluggish and against someone who moves like Malinaggi he could have problems. I think Broner wins on points judging it right now, may change my mind come once looking at the pair of them at the weigh in. I'm just surprised Broner is such a huge fav, even if he could end up being one of the next megastars of the sports.

• Paid Members

Definitely like the look of them books, ive slacked recently on my boxing reading, need to get back on it. Im going digital though, as much as i love books ive simply ran out of space.

• Paid Members

Frank Warren is trying to line up Sergey Kovalev to fight Nathan Cleverly on August 17th in Cardiff, if that happens i am going...as with anything Frank Warren related recently though, i aint holding my breath.

• Paid Members

What's's people thoughts on Broner/Paulie this weekend. Broner is overwhelming fav to be the new WBA champ at 147lbs, but jumping up two weight classes is a big deal and how he's gone about doing so is too as he does like his jumk food, especially twinkies. If he hasn't put the weight on properly for the most part, he could be sluggish and against someone who moves like Malinaggi he could have problems. I think Broner wins on points judging it right now, may change my mind come once looking at the pair of them at the weigh in. I'm just surprised Broner is such a huge fav, even if he could end up being one of the next megastars of the sports.

im gonna immerse myself in the pre-fight hype this week, the fact that Broner's going up in weight adds intrigue but i expect him to come through via decision. Malignaggi might be bigger but as is so often pointed out, he's not a powerful puncher so i don't see the size being much of a factor. The interesting thing will be whether or not Malignaggi can out-fox Broner because you've got two crafty fuckers in there.

I think Broner has to stop him or he looks bad. After all the overhype of him, if he fails to do what both Hatton and Khan did then in some peoples eyes it wont look to good. I think Paulie will look good for 2 or 3 rounds then eventually will be worn down later in the fight and stopped. Still not totally convinced about Broner till he fights a top fighter. I dont consider Mallinagi a top fighter. Maidana Broner is what they are talking about next. If that fight does happen then it will give us more an idea where Broner is at.

Even with Broner coming up two weight divisions? If he wins by a clear points decision, does that look bad on him? I don't think he needs to win by stoppage to prove a point, a convincing win should do the job and then moving on to better things.

• Paid Members

bnftnvdceaa_tv_.0_standard_709.0.jpg

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHH!!!

< i can't wait for Saturday, i think Broner will win but i'd love to see Malignaggi humble him, ive defended Broner in the past as a bit of a Mayweather type character in that he plays it up for the character, but recently ive shifted and started to think that Broner really is a bit of a cunt behind the charade (go watch his official video blog for confirmation). Edited by Ebb