Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

It's a weird one because when Broner give a shot to Gary Sykes (Lost in both Prizefighters his been in.) on the Khan V Peterson II card Buncy and a load others were tweeting saying and slightly making a big deal that Sykes was going to cause a upset.

Yet now we have the ranked no.1 taking on Broner and Broner is favorite.

Guessing we will find out if he is hype or the real deal. He seems to be one of the new breakout stars of boxing.

Until he meets Burns.

• Paid Members

I'm going to Jack Dee live on Saturday night. I'm in two minds about trying to stay up for GSP vs Condit live that night as wel when I get back.

I'm hoping to go spoiler free and watch all the boxing on Sunday but I just know some fucker will spoil the Froch result for me. I'll get a text while Jack Dee's on stage saying "Froch looked brilliant" or something and I'll scream the word CUNT at the top of my voice and get verbally raped by Dee and get kicked out.

I'll switch the bastard off all night I think.

• Paid Members

So the Hatton fight next week then. Anyone here going? I really wanted to but funds are tied up for a Christmas and New Year trip to Canada which has been planned for months. Timing's just all to cock.

Any predictions?

It's a tough call because there's so many questions and unknowns around Hatton. What toll has the time off taken physically and mentally? He's got himself in tremendous shape but is that enough? 3 and a half years away is like a lifetime in boxing.

And Senchenko is a good opponent with an advantage in size and reach. He's no warm up fight. He's not a massive power hitter from what I've seen and hasn't fought much top level opposition but he's got skills and he could be a very tricky fight for Hatton.

I don't know. If I was sure this was Hatton in ring shape and able to pressure like he used to, I'd go with Hatton on a late TKO. But I've got a bad feeling about this. There's something about the way Hatton's been in the build up that makes me think something's not quite right.

Yeah I am going, taking my old man. Hope he can handle the atmosphere!

I have heard several rumors about Hatton leading up to this, some good and some bad. Its reached a point where I am just going with the flow, and hope he pulls it of and turns back the clock.

The atmosphere is the draw for me, I never saw Hatton live in his prime and have heard it is electric during his entrance and when he fights.

• Paid Members

Oh yeah whatever goes down in the fight the atmosphere will be incredible no doubt. Maybe even moreso considering the layoff. Hatton's entrance will probably be one of the best British sports moments of the year. And on a year where we had a great Olympics, Andy Murray's US Open win etc, that's saying a lot. Hatton is just one of them sportsman who the public loves. The entrance will be something special.

It would be great if he came out and did a job on Senchenko and stopped him. It would make for a brilliant story. I just can't shake the gut feeling that it will end badly for some reason. I hope I'm wrong.

• Paid Members

i aint going but im gonna buy the PPV, it's gonna be an interesting night.

Hatton himself has discussed the scenario that he could fail, he's said it's all about tackling his demons and you've gotta give him credit for getting his life in order whether he suceeds or not. I'll be rooting for the man next weekend :)

here's the fight card for next weekend, it's well worth gonna be tuning in early for.

and here is Primetime's free schedule all week, on Saturday they airing free Hatton fights all day, good work :)

Edited by Ebb

• Paid Members

Yeah, you have to admire anyone who's come back from depression, alcohol and drug abuse and being suicidal to get to where he is now. I've always been a fan so I'd be rooting for him regardless but after all the ups and downs I hope he does alright. Even if he loses. If he can give it a good go and looks good then win or lose it's an accomplishment in itself.

It's that kind of talk that's also making me question his chances though. Before all his past fights he seemed determined and in no doubt that he'd win. I don't sense that that same confidence is there this time. It's almost like he's just content to be there.

• Paid Members

I find myself very interested in the Seth Mitchell/Johnathan Banks fight on the Broner undercard. I think it should go a ways to telling how good Seth Mitchell is. I've seen Banks a lot as he's one of Wlad's sparring partners (he actually worked the corner last weekend and ran Wlad's camp in Manny Stewart's absence) and pops up on a lot of Klit undercards. He's a pretty slick boxer and at times looks very, very good.Other times he seems to be lacking something and can look almost disinterested. He can sometimes look great and terrible all in the same fight.

Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members

Junior Witter is complaining on Twitter about not having been paid yet for the Gavin fight.

https://twitter.com/JrWitter/status/269083675474423808

Junior Witter ‏@JrWitter

@eddiehearn @deanpowell @boxnationtv @hennessysports Official complaint in to the bbbofc 2 weeks still not paid from FrankWarren

6:25 AM - 15 Nov 12

Edited by nfc90210

Junior Witter is complaining on Twitter about not having been paid yet for the Gavin fight.

https://twitter.com/JrWitter/status/269083675474423808

Junior Witter ‏@JrWitter

@eddiehearn @deanpowell @boxnationtv @hennessysports Official complaint in to the bbbofc 2 weeks still not paid from FrankWarren

6:25 AM - 15 Nov 12

I can Broner vs. De Marco being similar to Mayweather vs. Castillo fight from years back. Broner couldn't have picked a tougher fight for his 135lbs debut, facing the best fighter in the divison and someone who has quite the reach advantage on him too. It's a close one to call, I think Broner's slickness will be the difference and he'll take a close points decision.

Looking forward to Froch fight too. Should be fun whilst it lasts, I expect Froch to win via a late stoppage.