Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Cleverly looked impressive last night and it was a decent re-introduction to the US audience. Sounds promising that Golden Boy want to promote more of his fights in the States.

Gary Russell Jr is looking like an entertaining prospect in the featherweight division, fast hands and knockout power. In 2013 he should be moving up and start facing some top-class competition. Here's his brutal KO from the other night.

Sportsmail are saying Freddie Flintoff is going to fight US rookie Richard Dawson in his debut match. Dawson has only had two fights but won both.

Agreed

I think he the most serious threat. Which is not really saying much.

Haye was actually looking the more likely to finish by the end of the first fight.

Haye was as impressive against Wladimir as that chump last night was, with the only difference being that Wach actually tried to win and had Wlad semi-rocked at one point. He has virtually no chance of winning a rematch.

• Paid Members
Gary Russell Jr is looking like an entertaining prospect in the featherweight division, fast hands and knockout power. In 2013 he should be moving up and start facing some top-class competition. Here's his brutal KO from the other night.

Yeah I like the look of Russell Jr. He reminds me a lot of Meldrick Taylor.

Agreed

Haye was actually looking the more likely to finish by the end of the first fight.

Haye was as impressive against Wladimir as that chump last night was, with the only difference being that Wach actually tried to win and had Wlad semi-rocked at one point. He has virtually no chance of winning a rematch.

Haye won 3 or 4 rounds, Wach maybe 1.

Haye had Wlad on the back foot in the last round, and if he had gotten into a decent rhythm I think he could have been a different story. Haye also landed more power punches than Wlad in the entire fight, I read somewhere.

Wlad won comfy no doubt, and the fight was shit. But, Haye is the biggest threat. Everyone doubts the toe story, even me and his supporters, but given the right night I think he can give Wlad trouble and at this time beat Vitali.

Edited by jimufctna24

Tyson Fury to face Kevin Johnson in Belfast on 1st December.

Thoughts?

Fury started off as an exciting prospect, but I think he's doing far too much pissing around now. He's not difficult to hit either, which makes me think that sooner or later he's going to get cracked before he fights a serious name.

Agreed

Haye won 3 or 4 rounds, Wach maybe 1.

Haye had Wlad on the back foot in the last round, and if he had gotten into a decent rhythm I think he could have been a different story. Haye also landed more power punches than Wlad in the entire fight, I read somewhere.

Wlad won comfy no doubt, and the fight was shit. But, Haye is the biggest threat. Everyone doubts the toe story, even me and his supporters, but given the right night I think he can give Wlad trouble and at this time beat Vitali.

I'll raise you and say that on the right night, Wlad would knock Haye out cold. Vitali would do even worse to him.

Dunno why people continue to doubt the Klitschkos, especially when a joke like David Haye is concerned.

I'll raise you and say that on the right night, Wlad would knock Haye out cold. Vitali would do even worse to him.

Dunno why people continue to doubt the Klitschkos, especially when a joke like David Haye is concerned.

I think Hayes only chance at beating a Klitschko would be to take on Vitali now. He's 40 and has slowed down a lot in recent years so I'd probably favor Haye if that fight ever happened.

• Paid Members

I only just caught the Frank Maloney bit about Manny Steward just now. I missed it on first viewing but reading this thread I had another look.

What a horrible little cretin he is. I can't believe someone who's been around boxing and in front of cameras and media for as long as he has could be so stupid to make a ridiculous comment like that.

It's one thing for Maloney to criticise Klitschko's boxing style, he's there to critique the fights, although I did think the whole thing was overly negative. But to imply that saving 10% was more important to Wlad than his friend and trainer dying was a low life cunty thing to come out with. No excuse for that. I've never been keen on Maloney and the way he carried on Saturday night just cemented my already low opinion of him.

• Paid Members

Build up to Xmas is fucking awesome for boxing.

Froch,Bellew & Broner this weekend.

Anybody know much about DeMarco? Not a clue myself but only recently started trying to improve my boxing knowledge so to speak.

• Paid Members

i don't know much, it looks like a legit test for Broner though so im excited to see it. I'll try digging up some video previews, always helps :)

Sunday's gonna be tremendous, wake up (hungover), have an hour to two to come around then Broner, Froch/Mack, and UFC 154...i aint moving from my comfy chair all day :)