Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Cotto beign prtected, its just the way it is in boxing. too many people interested in their "0".

Saw the Khan fight last night, had it not been for the points deductions I would have had Khan winning. Hes shown that he has a good chin, but awful defence and little inside game at all.

Cotto's been hideously protected for most of his career until he could get paid retirement money for every fight. Not saying he's a bad guy or anything but he was 27-0 and a world champion before he fought anybody good. Even then, there's a few fights on the record (Gomez, Jennings, Mayorga and a fucked-up Judah at 147) which are blatantly for the cash. His record is exactly what's wrong with boxing, not what's right.

As someone said, that's how things work in boxing. Also, that'll be down to his management team, not him.

I stand by my statement.

• Paid Members

What a fight last night. Peterson deserved the win. I've always liked Khan but found him really irritating last night. That taunting and shit rubs me the wrong way but it's one thing doing that if you're dominating. Peterson was giving him hell, I dunno what Khan thought throwing his arms in the air after every punch would achieve other than making him look a twat.

Great great fight though. Never expected that kind of war out of Peterson.

• Paid Members

There's reports that Vitali Klitschko vs Derek Chisora will happen in Feb and then Vitali will probably fight Haye in June.

Sources in Germany are reporting that Vitali Klitschko (43-2, 40KOs) will defend his WBC heavyweight title against Dererck Chisora (15-2, 9KOs) on February 18th in Munich, Germany."[Chisora] is an interesting opponent. In my opinion, he clearly beat Robert Helenius for the European championship," Vitali said.There is also a possibility that Klitschko is going to face Haye in the month of June.

Source is boxingscene.com - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...le&id=47186

• Paid Members

Just incase anyone forgot Froch vs Ward is this Saturday on Sky Sports :thumbsup: Should be a belter.And a reminder that an extended version of the 'Fight Of Their Lives' documentary on Benn/McClellan is on ITV4 tomorrow night at 9pm.

• Paid Members

You have a prediction for Ward/Froch Wandshogun? I never seen Ward fight but i love watching Froch and it would be great to see him win the tourney.I'm guessing Ward starts as favorite?

Yeah Ward's favourite and I think he'll win but I think it will be closer than a lot of people think. I've seen people saying Ward will win easily and I don't buy it. He's good but to say he wins a shutout or wins easy is off the mark and disrespectful of Froch's skills for me.I think if Froch can stay on the outside he'll do pretty well and could make this a very interesting fight. I'm picking Ward to win on points though, I just think he's slightly more a complete boxer and better at inside fighting at landing shots at close range than Froch which is where I can see him giving Froch problems. Froch loves a war and exciting as it is to watch it could leave him open to Ward's counters.The fight's also in the US so if it goes to the scorecards in a close one you'd think it favours Ward. It shouldn't matter where the fight is but it does sadly.Froch always brings it though and he's come back from some batterings to pull out wins so you can never count a guy like that out. I'd love to see Froch pull it off. Got a good feeling this is gonna be a cracking fight.

Did you watch Haye fight Klitschko and come to that conclusion or pick it up from the gutter press?

I watched the fight. I then watched Haye take his boot off to reveal his sore toe, as if it was going to save himself face for the defeat. He looked and sounded like a cry baby sore loser to me. I thought his entire conduct in the build up to the fight was awful too. He should have kept himself a shred of dignity and admitted the better man won, rather than trying to make excuses like a girl.

I watched the fight. I then watched Haye take his boot off to reveal his sore toe, as if it was going to save himself face for the defeat. He looked and sounded like a cry baby sore loser to me. I thought his entire conduct in the build up to the fight was awful too. He should have kept himself a shred of dignity and admitted the better man won, rather than trying to make excuses like a girl.

Haye was never good enough, and still isn't good enough, to beat either of the Klitschko brothers. He'll hype this fight like he did the last in order to convince the gullible British public into paying to see him again.

• Paid Members

Just found the original ITV broadcast of Benn vs McClellan in good quality on Youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMr24cH--0k...feature=related

Quick question, anyone know what McClellan's entrance song is from 8:45ish on? It's been bugging me.

Edited by wandshogun09

Did you watch Haye fight Klitschko and come to that conclusion or pick it up from the gutter press?

If you saw the fight, you'd know saying that he had his arse handing to him is completely wrong. He lost because he was outworked and thought he could blast Wlad out of there with one shot. Are girls known for making excuses or are you a misogynist as well as David's brownnose?

Three things really irritate me. Firstly, it's the Klitschkos and Bonte come out of everything smelling of roses, despite being as up to their necks in the stinky shit of heavyweight boxing as everybody else. Bernd Bonte is basically the new Don King. Secondly, while I'm a fan of Haye's from his cruiserweight days, I hate how I have to defend him against myopia. It's tiresome when people ignore logic and the way the fight game works to talk shit. This leads me onto my third point. Why does boxing turn normal people (and David) into shit-talking wankers of the highest order. It's not a sport, it's violent showbusiness. It's undignified and trashy. It's like US reality TV. Enjoy it for what it is.

Edited by mikey