Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Today is the 21st anniversary of the first Benn vs Eubank fight. I'm sure everyone here's seen it but it's worth posting again.

November 18th 1990 at the NEC in Birmingham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXWjBAMr2c...nel_video_title

Fucking love this. From the Big Fight Live theme at the start, the hype video with the trash talk and contract signing, the mind games with them stopping Eubank's entrance music, the fight itself, the unexpected but short lived show of mutual respect after the fight. The despair on Benn's face at the stoppage. It's like a movie but it's real life.

And of course the post fight interviews

"He extended me like I've never known one could be extended. He'th won my rethpect you thee, he hurt me up the gutsth...he opened my tongue, my tongue'th open. Karen can we get married now? Marry me Karen"

edit - check the guys youtube channel in the link above it's full of classic fights and they're not broken up into parts either. Pretty good quality for youtube aswell. The full ITV broadcasts of Eubank vs Watson 1 and 2 are on there along with a load of old Roy Jones Jr fights, Hatton vs Tszyu among others. Some great stuff there.

Edited by wandshogun09

Enzo Macarinelli's Light Heavyweight debut takes place tonight on boxnation from 8, anyone watching?

I won't be, the last time I watched him he got tanked by Alexander Frenkel. He should have quit there and then, it's frightening that he still wants to box on.

Today is the 21st anniversary of the first Benn vs Eubank fight. I'm sure everyone here's seen it but it's worth posting again.

November 18th 1990 at the NEC in Birmingham.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjXWjBAMr2c...nel_video_title

Fucking love this. From the Big Fight Live theme at the start, the hype video with the trash talk and contract signing, the mind games with them stopping Eubank's entrance music, the fight itself, the unexpected but short lived show of mutual respect after the fight. The despair on Benn's face at the stoppage. It's like a movie but it's real life.

And of course the post fight interviews

"He extended me like I've never known one could be extended. He'th won my rethpect you thee, he hurt me up the gutsth...he opened my tongue, my tongue'th open. Karen can we get married now? Marry me Karen"

edit - check the guys youtube channel in the link above it's full of classic fights and they're not broken up into parts either. Pretty good quality for youtube aswell. The full ITV broadcasts of Eubank vs Watson 1 and 2 are on there along with a load of old Roy Jones Jr fights, Hatton vs Tszyu among others. Some great stuff there.

Great find, i could only ever find a crap quality version on yt of this. Thanks alot.

• Paid Members
Enzo Macarinelli's Light Heavyweight debut takes place tonight on boxnation from 8, anyone watching?

I won't be, the last time I watched him he got tanked by Alexander Frenkel. He should have quit there and then, it's frightening that he still wants to box on.

yep, one of the most brutal KO's ever.

My mate John instinctively stood up when it happened and shouted "he's dead", it was Jerry Lawler-esque.