Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Always been a bit wary of buying career sets, i always see en in boxing monthly but im always annoyed at how much they charge. Surely they are just downloading them off the world boxing video archive and just selling them onto people who don't know where to download em?

• Paid Members

Boxing pro at 9 years old :omg: my little nephew's 9. Crazy.

As for Naz, there are quite a few of the HBO broadcasts of his fights from their deal starting with the Kelley fight. I enjoy watching those versions a lot, and it's interesting to see how they take to him. Big George Foreman seems head over heels with him, and acted like he was going to blow his load everytime he threw a powershot.

:laugh: I always noticed that. Foreman loved Naz. I read in Eubank's book that when he and Naz had their falling out in the late 90s that it was Foreman who mended some fences between them.

Whenever I think of Foreman and Naz I think of Big George setting Jim Lampley straight in the Naz/Barrera fight

here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLtyKffXp4s

I hated Naz at the time. Just like I hated Eubank when I was a kid but that might have been more because I was a loyal Nigel Benn fanboy. I love watching their old stuff back now though and I realize now how much them being cocky really got me into it as a kid. Would I have loved Nigel Benn so much if it wasn't for Eubank? I badly wanted Benn to knock the lisp out of him. I miss characters like that in boxing, there's still some around but none like these 2 imo.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
Have you ever tried http://www.ring-side.co.uk/ they seem rather cheap, a bit to good to be true if am honest

I've never used Ring-Side, they might be cool, but I've just got this wary-ness of them after looking at their site. Nothing to do with prices or anything like that, but after viewing their site a while back, and something doesn't seem right. Strange really.

I've used RingSide. I can vouch for them, never had a problem. The stuff I had was boxed with covers and printed discs and stuff and the quality was pretty good. They keep you updated on your order too which I like. Only criticism I have of them is the postage is a bit steep. From what I recall it's about a fiver whether you're buying a career set or 1 DVD. I'd still recommend them though.

Never used Superstars of Boxing but they look good.

Couple more

boxingbarmy.co.uk

http://www.boxingbarmy.co.uk/index.html

Really good for old 80s and 90s British boxing especially. Quality is good for the most part and a lot of the stuff is pretty rare. I recently watched some cracking fights like Dennis Andries vs Jeff Harding and Wally Swift Jr vs Tony Collins which I got from BoxingBarmy. Excellent fights well worth a look. Like Ringside he keeps you updated on your order too.

Only thing is his stuff is in sleeves, they have the fights printed on the discs but no boxes, cover art so if that's a must for you that might put you off.

and

this guy on ioffer - boxingdvdfights.

Bought off him a few times. He's in the US but I usually get stuff within a week or so and he's got shitloads of stuff Boxing and MMA. Tons of career sets, new fights, documentaries. He's got a lot more than he has listed on ioffer.

Again though, most of his stuff is in sleeves so if you're after cover art etc he might not be your man. But good prices and he's very easy to deal with.

He does have this really nice looking 24 disc Manny Pacquiao set which is boxed, printed discs etc.

Pac%20Set%20Full.jpg

44 fights, documentaries, training footage, countdowns, 24/7, Fightcamp 360 on the recent fights. Looks good but postage might be a fucker for that one.

here's his ioffer

http://www.ioffer.com/selling/boxingdvdfights

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members
Always been a bit wary of buying career sets, i always see en in boxing monthly but im always annoyed at how much they charge. Surely they are just downloading them off the world boxing video archive and just selling them onto people who don't know where to download em?

Aye Ebb, them in the Monthly are grossly overpriced, but from Ian who runs Superstars of Boxing, the average is about

Edited by Taylorslade

ESPN Classics showed some early Naz fights and he looked quality. Think might have been his first 2. I thought Naz was a great fighter but i didn't like his personality. To me he came across as a bit of a dick, when i say dick i mean unlikeable and I think the British public got tired of his attitude.

Where as Eubank was no doubt arrogant, I found him to be less offensive and still quite likeable.

There

that ward v gatti triolgy i bought off ebay i ended up getting burned the cover art was a joke a really bad print out as thou the ink was empty lol, then the quality of the dvd was shocking was as though the guy had downloaded it from torrents and put it on dvd, all in all a bad experience, suppose we all suffer one of these from time to time.

Have ordered the triolgy again but of that website you gave me taylorslade

• Moderators
Who did you rate the best out of Benn, Eubank, Collins and Watson?

What a great time for Middleweight boxing on the British Isles. Henry Wharton and Nicky Piper weren't awful either.

• Paid Members
ESPN Classics showed some early Naz fights and he looked quality. Think might have been his first 2. I thought Naz was a great fighter but i didn't like his personality. To me he came across as a bit of a dick, when i say dick i mean unlikeable and I think the British public got tired of his attitude.

Where as Eubank was no doubt arrogant, I found him to be less offensive and still quite likeable.

On Taylorslide question who is the greatest of all time, according to most pundits they do say SRR and there

• Paid Members
What a great time for Middleweight boxing on the British Isles. Henry Wharton and Nicky Piper weren't awful either.

....and don't forget Herol Graham. Someone might say "Well that was a bit earlier"....but that was only because nobody would fight him during the height of the British Middleweight golden era. Chris Eubank, was a sparring partner brought in by Brendan Ingle to work with Graham, and Ingle says Eubank, getting increasingly frustrated at the inability to land a glove on Graham, jumped out the ring and threw a fit shouting "I'm not sparring with him anymore!! Tell him to box properly!" I found that hilarious, like a kid who's playing WWF with his mates and they keep no-selling his offence.

Actually, all that came out in the Naz Vs Eubank feud, and apprently was about 1988 although Im not sure, here's the video anyway ;

Ingle's Eubank impersonation is some funny shit.

Edited by Taylorslade

The Mayweather Ortiz fight is being offered to Primetime before Sky, so if they take the offer - which i imagine they will the fight will be PPV. In Boxing Monthly last month it had an interview with the bloke who runs Primetime and for them to make a profit on a fight being shown on PPV it did not have to achieve a massive number of buys, i cant remember the figure of the top of my head.

It also says SKY are reducing the number of PPV boxing it offers after the last 2 Haye fights have been less than pleasing and also with the Khan situation before the Mccloskey fight. This has to be a good thing with Warren, Hearn and Hatton all tied in with SKY. The only downside i guess is maybe more of the Golden Boy Promotions fights will be on Primetime PPV instead of Sky Sports.

• Paid Members
The Mayweather Ortiz fight is being offered to Primetime before Sky, so if they take the offer - which i imagine they will the fight will be PPV. In Boxing Monthly last month it had an interview with the bloke who runs Primetime and for them to make a profit on a fight being shown on PPV it did not have to achieve a massive number of buys, i cant remember the figure of the top of my head.

It also says SKY are reducing the number of PPV boxing it offers after the last 2 Haye fights have been less than pleasing and also with the Khan situation before the Mccloskey fight. This has to be a good thing with Warren, Hearn and Hatton all tied in with SKY. The only downside i guess is maybe more of the Golden Boy Promotions fights will be on Primetime PPV instead of Sky Sports.

This goes back to what I said a few pages ago regarding Golden Boy Promotions boycotting Sky with all of their fighters after the situation with Amir Khan. Mayweather Vs Ortiz is a good fight, but the fact remains that the PPV boxing shows offered in the UK has always invloved a British fighter. The Sky Box Office shows have always been either ; a British fighter's first American venture, a British fighter going in with a top American or other big name, or two British boxing stars fighting eachother. There has been a few exceptions like De La Hoya Vs Mayweather, De La Hoya Vs Pacquiao (but even then, Khan fought on the main event of the British end of the dual location telecast, his first fight under Roach), but generally, the formula follows the same outline, and the fights offered of PPV which did not include a British name, have in general, done a modest buy rate, and that was with Sky's promotional machine and multi-channel advertising capabilities.

Mayweather V Ortiz is a very good fight, but I don't see it doing as well as they will hope for, and I know they only need a half decent buy rate to turn a profit, but I hope they do. I hope that if PrimeTime are putting it on PPV, then I hope they do not ask for the

Edited by Taylorslade

I think Ortiz is made for Mayweather much like Hatton was. I think Floyd will pick him off at will. I really do hope Ortiz does land on Mayweather though. But i can see Floyd winning this very comfortably maybe even a late stoppage. But my predictions in boxing are normally wrong!

Pretty boy Bam Bam - is he the very young lad? i think i'v seen the clip somewhere. I'm at work and do not want to risk typing that into google!

Pretty boy Bam Bam, i remember seeing him on the pads on a youtube clip i think it were a few years ago, wonder how he is doing now

here is the clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y65VcABUzr8

he is amazing for a 5 year old, he poses a nice stiff little jab in that video

Edited by DarloKid