Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

"I'm a motherfucker. I'm a bad guy sometimes. I did a lot of bad things, and I want to be forgiven. So in order for me to be forgiven, I hope they can forgive me. I wanna change my life, I wanna live a different life now. I wanna live my sober life. I don't wanna die. I'm on the verge of dying, because I'm a vicious alcoholic. Wow. God, this is some interesting stuff."

quote from Mike Tyson after last night's Friday Night Fights show, not good :(

FUCKING TYPICAL!

i decided to give last nights Mares/Gonzales a miss thinking it was going to be a bit of a one sided mismatch at the press made it out to be, and Gonzalez goes and irons out Mares in a round which is by far the upset of the year, and that's my sunday ruined!

2_medium.gif

Edited by Ebb

Durans a true legend. Ive seen a documentary on him, its probably a few yrs old now but Duran at the time of the doc being made was still having matches in his 50s, i guess they were more just exhibition bouts but bouts none the less. Nigel Benn still does 3 rounders he said when he was on Ringside- just to keep fit really, would still love to see them mind. I guess duran just loves the ruck! Does he have any money worries?

That tommy morrison article is sad.

• Paid Members

I love Duran. He's one of my all-time favourite boxers along with Benn, Gatti and Hagler. My girlfriend got me a signed Duran boxing glove a few weeks back for my birthday. This is sad. He's my fucking Dad's age.

I guess duran just loves the ruck! Does he have any money worries?

It must be for the money. No doubt Duran always loved a fight but a comeback at this stage can only mean he's hard up surely. From reading 'Hands Of Stone' (excellent book by the way) he's always been reckless with money and generous to a fault. At the height of his success he used to go back to the roughest, poorest parts of Panama where he grew up and just give away money on the streets. A lot of money as well, we're not talking a few coins.

Surely he won't be licensed. Certainly not in the States. Which means if he does fight again, it'll be somewhere like Panama where regulation is loose or non-existent and he's more at risk of injury. I hope this doesn't happen. There must be a better way he can make some coin than trying to fight at his age.

The Mares KO shocked the shit out of me. Really wasn't expecting that.

Edited by wandshogun09

I know its on boxnation, i would be suprised if its on anywhere else. Im sure ch5 or another channel in the past has shown some of the 24/7 shows for his other fights but not shown the fight. Im sure it would be better advertised if they were.

Has anyone seen the first access yet? Any good?

• Paid Members
I know its on boxnation, i would be suprised if its on anywhere else. Im sure ch5 or another channel in the past has shown some of the 24/7 shows for his other fights but not shown the fight. Im sure it would be better advertised if they were.

Nothing special. Just shows you both fighters going from A to B on the press tour.

Oh and a few HARD WORK ....

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Yeah, you're most likely correct. But didn't 5 only show 24/7 for the fights on Primetime, which is owned by the same company as 5? That's why 5 used to put Tyson Fury fights on the same night as Pacquiao or Mayweather or whoever, and they'd advertise the Manny or Floyd fight throughout the Fury show. Just thought it seemed a bit odd that BT would basically advertise a fight which will be on BoxNation.

Edit - Yep. You're right, just checked BoxNation's website and it's plastered all over there. I should have looked there first. Again though, why's BT showing All Access for a fight they don't even have?

Edited by wandshogun09

Just watched the first one, and it's pretty standard fare to be honest. Floyd talks about having lots of money, plays tippy tappy with the pads, whilst Canelo comes across like most of Floyd's opponents look like on these things, which is tough and determined, but never really suggested as real threat.

It's easy to tell who helps produce them to be honest.

• Paid Members

Just watched the first one, and it's pretty standard fare to be honest. Floyd talks about having lots of money, plays tippy tappy with the pads, whilst Canelo comes across like most of Floyd's opponents look like on these things, which is tough and determined, but never really suggested as real threat.

It's easy to tell who helps produce them to be honest.

what the shows have is really show how big the fight is though, the crowds at them press tour gatherings have been massive. I love the little side-plot beween Mayweather & De La Hoya as well.

Canelo seems like a good egg.

what the shows have is really show how big the fight is though, the crowds at them press tour gatherings have been massive. I love the little side-plot beween Mayweather & De La Hoya as well.

Canelo seems like a good egg.

Yeah, but all of these have that, don't they? It's pretty much the same stuff we're getting every time. Don't get me wrong, it's probably good promotional material, but it's a bit dull when you've watched all of the others.