Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I think Donaire's got enough to knock Rigondeaux out, or at least put him down on the canvas. His reach advantage, speed and greater experience in the pro ranks should send him through. If Rigondeaux can beat a 4 weight world champion in his 12th pro fight, I would be very impressed.

Even though Channel 5 said they're not going to have boxing on for a while. They're going to be broadcasting the Tyson Fury fight live. It's on in the afternoon stateside, so we should get it around 11pm.

Double stress fracture in his foot, so they say. That and the previous ankle injury makes it look like he's training for a marathon rather than a boxing match.

Episode 1 of Guerrero/Mayweather All Access is up on Youtube. Guerrero portrayed as the good old boy, bible thumping, family man. Mayweather as the bad guy. Then at the end, they flip it around with Guerrero getting arrested. I don't want to be harsh on Guerrero but 4 world titles at different weights and that's his house? Hopefully he's saving his money for retirement.

Rigondeaux/Donaire was a good fight. Rigondeaux is so slick with his movement its more like he's dancing. Donaire looked like he was lost. I wish he put more pressure on and pinned him into the corner so he couldn't escape. I still think Rigondeaux has a susceptible chin, his legs buckled a few times but he instantly knew and unleashed punches of his own. The HBO commentary was a bit wayward. They take Harold Lederman's unofficial scores as gospel and see what they want to, instead of calling it down the middle. Roy Jones Jr. is not a patch on Emmanuel Steward as the analyst. I think Showtime coverage is much better though, Bernstein is great and I like Paulie M as the analyst with his current insight.

Double stress fracture in his foot, so they say. That and the previous ankle injury makes it look like he's training for a marathon rather than a boxing match.

Episode 1 of Guerrero/Mayweather All Access is up on Youtube. Guerrero portrayed as the good old boy, bible thumping, family man. Mayweather as the bad guy. Then at the end, they flip it around with Guerrero getting arrested. I don't want to be harsh on Guerrero but 4 world titles at different weights and that's his house? Hopefully he's saving his money for retirement.

Rigondeaux/Donaire was a good fight. Rigondeaux is so slick with his movement its more like he's dancing. Donaire looked like he was lost. I wish he put more pressure on and pinned him into the corner so he couldn't escape. I still think Rigondeaux has a susceptible chin, his legs buckled a few times but he instantly knew and unleashed punches of his own. The HBO commentary was a bit wayward. They take Harold Lederman's unofficial scores as gospel and see what they want to, instead of calling it down the middle. Roy Jones Jr. is not a patch on Emmanuel Steward as the analyst. I think Showtime coverage is much better though, Bernstein is great and I like Paulie M as the analyst with his current insight.

What did u watch it on? Boxnation had timothy bradley and some other bloke commentating, i found them pretty poor. To be honest i thought it was a shite fight. There where times when they were just doing nothing. I think the first 30 seconds of the fight set the tone for the next 12 rounds. Donaire got caught early and was to cautios from then on, maybe with good reason. I think if donaire had have commited himself more after the knockdown he could have gone on to win.

Saying that Rigendoux looked pretty solid if unspectacular. I dont think to many people will be wanting to see a rematch.

Nice arena though.

• Paid Members

very frustrating fight to watch...certain fans will argue that it was 'one of the purists' and in that respect you have to admire the skills of Rigondeaux, but on the other when two boxers are landing between 3-15 punches a round you aint for an exciting night whatever way you wanna look at it.

Donaire just couldn't get off, he went into his shell early and other than the 10th round he stayed there. Agree about the commentary on HBO, if you wasn't actually watching the fight and just listening you'd have thought Rigondeaux was giving Donaire a bit of a pasting but that wasn't the case, there were alot of occasions when there was not alot happening in rounds and the HBO team were still spouting off that they thought Rigondeaux was dominating, Roy Jones just talks shit too.

Rigondeaux is claiming he's p4p no. 1 now, and whilst he just defeated the 2012 Fight of the Year and can claim that all he wants i don't think he's a guy fans are gonna be clamouring over themselves to watch fight.

As for Kell Brook :confused: it aint happening for him is it?

What did u watch it on? Boxnation had timothy bradley and some other bloke commentating, i found them pretty poor. To be honest i thought it was a shite fight.

I downloaded it because I prefer the HBO commentary over the Boxnation one. The other bloke with Tim Bradley was Colonel Bob Sheridan, one of the worst commentators out there. He was probably good in his prime but its past him by now, he's been calling fights since the 70's. Him covering the Mayweather/Cotto fight was the worst I have ever seen. If he wasn't putting Mayweather over like he was god, he was talking rubbish to fill the spaces when Cotto was attacking. Saying things like: "Mayweathers shorts are made of leather. Once they get wet, then they will be heavier to carry around the ring."

Bob Sheridan is one of the worst, respect though as hes done it so long. Benny Ricardo's another one who does my nut in, although if Im honest the only commentators I really like are usually fighters like Paulie, Jones, Tarver. I actually rather liked Enzo on commentary when BN started.

Yeah, they acted like Mayweather was toying with Cotto when in reality it was a competitive fight regardless of the outcome and the score cards.

Matthew Macklin has signed off to fight Gennady Golovkin at the end of June. Its good to see the British middleweights are now getting their chance on the world stage.

Brook vs. Alexander is definitely off. Alexander is still going to box on May 17th but against a different opponent.

• Paid Members

Macklin/Golovkin's gonna be a bit of a war. The Brit's always seem to do alright with grabbing this high profile fights over in the States, they have very little success but they always go over and give it a go.

We got Martin Murray trying to dethrone Sergio Martinez in 2 weeks.

Matthew Macklin has signed off to fight Gennady Golovkin at the end of June. Its good to see the British middleweights are now getting their chance on the world stage.

Brook vs. Alexander is definitely off. Alexander is still going to box on May 17th but against a different opponent.

Its not like they haven't had the chance already, Murrays interim WBA champ, Macklins challenged for a world title twice already, Barker got a shot etc etc

• Paid Members

Good time to sign up. Look at this lot.

April 20th

7pm - Wembley

Nathan Cleverly vs Robin Krasniqi

Dereck Chisora vs Hector Alfredo Avila

Liam Walsh vs Scott Harrison

Yaqub Kareem vs Paul Butler

Frank Buglioni vs TBA

2am - San Antonio

Canelo Alvarez vs Austin Trout

April 27th

7pm - Sheffield

Amir Khan vs Julio Diaz

Audley Harrison vs Deontay Wilder

Anthony Ogogo vs Kieron Gray

Haroon Khan vs Stefan Slavchev

2am - Argentina

Sergio Martinez vs Martin Murray

David Saucedo vs Gary Buckland

May 4th

2am - Las Vegas

Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Robert Guerrero

Daniel Ponce De Leon vs Abner Mares

That's just the next few weeks. They'll also be showing Price vs Thompson 2 on July 6th. Some good stuff coming up. The Khan bill looks great top to bottom. As well as the main event, you've got Big Audley, Ogogo's pro debut and Amir's brother Haroon's pro debut.

Really looking forward to Canelo vs Trout and Walsh vs Harrison especially this weekend, and I like the look of Buglioni so his fight as well.

Like everyone else, I was a little bit disappointed in Donaire vs Rigondeaux. I was really looking forward to itl, Rigondeaux is such a tricky fucker though, I kind of thought the fight might play out like that if he could get his game going.

Edited for saying "as well" about 873 times.

Edited by wandshogun09