Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

We got a good couple of months coming up. The fight this Saturday hopefully will be a springboard of what to expect as it should produce fireworks. Anyone watch the Barry Mcguigan special on ITV tonight? I haven't seen yet but will check out later, I heard it was really good.

Was it called Sports Life Stories? If so it was on ITV4 a couple of months back. It is very good.

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't realise it had been on before. I'm halfway through and as you say its very good. Has there been many boxing ones been shown that you know off? I remember, Benn/McClellen and Khan.

SKY Sports feature series 'Sporting Heroes' last week featured Johnny Nelson interviewing Tim Witherspoon.

Decent watch and he comes across well, one the plus side doesn't sound like a patient which is sadly the case with a lot of retired boxers these days as i watched an interview with Meldrick Taylor recently and could have cried given he was so messed up from all the hits he has taken to the head over his career :(

• Paid Members

Yeah Witherspoon's in good nick. He's done some stuff with ESPN fairly recently, think he was in studio for a Klitschko fight on there late last year. I like big Tim. Had some underrated fights as well, especially the one against Larry Holmes.

Yeah, that's the one. I didn't realise it had been on before. I'm halfway through and as you say its very good. Has there been many boxing ones been shown that you know off? I remember, Benn/McClellen and Khan.

Yeah they're the only recent ones I know of which ITV put out. Still haven't seen the Khan one.

Quick question about BoxNation - my mate wants it but he's not a Sky subscriber. He's got a Sky box with just the free channels. Can he still subscribe to BoxNation on it's own?

Yeah Witherspoon's in good nick. He's done some stuff with ESPN fairly recently, think he was in studio for a Klitschko fight on there late last year. I like big Tim. Had some underrated fights as well, especially the one against Larry Holmes.

Yeah they're the only recent ones I know of which ITV put out. Still haven't seen the Khan one.

Quick question about BoxNation - my mate wants it but he's not a Sky subscriber. He's got a Sky box with just the free channels. Can he still subscribe to BoxNation on it's own?

Okay cheers. I still haven't seen the Khan one yet either, hopefully it be on again soon.

You can indeed order BoxNation when not a Sky subscriber. Just tell to enter his details on the BoxNation website and should be done within 5 minutes. They've done away with contracts, but you do have to pay

Robert guererro has been arrested for trying to board a plane in new york with a gun. It wasnt loaded apparently. But gun laws in new york are apparently quite strict and he could possibly do time judging by what some yanks are saying and the mayweather fight could be in jeopardy. Boxing news 24

Edited by Mr Lawrence

Yeah Haye vs Povetkin sounds good, Helenius is awkward and not very pleasing to watch.

So Haye's fight, Price vs Thompson 2 and UFC: Silva vs Weidman all on the same night. Lovely.

Haye's is a week earlier on the 29th June thankfully.

And yes Guerrero is a plank.