Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

did anyone see the Joseph Agbeko/Abner Mares fight? i love me a little bit of controversy and this fight was littered with it. Mares continual low blows were just painful to watch, it was a good fight but the controversial nature of it kinda took away how good it was, the commentary team were livid. When Agbeko went down from a low blow in round 8 i honestly thought the ref. was going to take a point, when he scored it a knockdown my jaw dropped, unbelievable.

Props to Jim Gray for really getting in the refs. face afterwards and giving him a bit of a tonge lashing.

am in the process of recording this to dvd (my bro has premiersports in his room you see), gonna give it a watch either tonight or tomorrow night

• Paid Members
did anyone see the Joseph Agbeko/Abner Mares fight? i love me a little bit of controversy and this fight was littered with it. Mares continual low blows were just painful to watch, it was a good fight but the controversial nature of it kinda took away how good it was, the commentary team were livid. When Agbeko went down from a low blow in round 8 i honestly thought the ref. was going to take a point, when he scored it a knockdown my jaw dropped, unbelievable.

Props to Jim Gray for really getting in the refs. face afterwards and giving him a bit of a tonge lashing.

There has been an immediate rematch ordered by the IBF. But just to clarify, under IBF rules and sanctions, if ANY IBF regulated contests result in a situation or ending where either incompetence or corruption are clearly evident and effect the outcome of such fights, particularly 'World Title' fights as recognised by the IBF, then an immediate rematch is ordered, and this rematch has to take place up to 120 days after the original fight, which from today, sets a deadline of up to 14th December 2011.

(....or something like that, I'm fucking knackered.)

• Paid Members

decided to work through the dozens of boxing documentaries i have, just watched:

Sugar Ray Robinson - American Legend - kind of stale doc. it basically breezes through Robinson's career in 48 minutes, it doesn't really get across how good a fighter Robinson really was and all feels a little bit negative. I've got some other Robinson docs. here so i'll get some of them on next.

Clash of the Titans - documenting the history of the Benn/Eubank feud, you've been chatting about this stuff in the thread. Brilliant stuff. Loads of retro buildup footage combined with modern interviews. I really wish i was around when this stuff was happening, i was a little young at the time and my young memories of watching boxing as a kid came a couple of years later when Collins got involved in the whole thing. Brilliant stuff documenting a classic.

Edited by Ebb

Absolutely chuffing love that intro music, top memories! Real saturday night stuff.

I didn't know this was live on Big Fight Live.

Yeah, I remember watching it live. Had to do the washing up so that my mum would let me watch it. Never missed a Tyson fight, Central TV was the balls, we were ahead of everyone else on Cell Block H as well. "Lets see what you learned in those massage parlours eh lassie"

• Paid Members

Cell Block H and Big Fight Live. TV Gold from my childhood, although Ferguson scared the shit out of me more than any of the boxers. Vinegar Tits is still the best nickname in the history of telly in my opinion aswell.

• Paid Members
Guerrero v Maidana isn't happening now as Guerrero has pulled out with a shoulder injury. GBP are looking for a replacement to fight Maidana - boxing news24. I thought Guerrero would have beat him as well. Would like to see Khan fight Guerrero.

Yeah shame about this was looking forward to that fight. The entire card has been cancelled according to Richard Schaefer. Guerrero's camp think it might be a torn rotator cuff.

Amir Khan's said on twitter he reckons Guerrero was paid off by Maidana to step aside so he could get a rematch with Khan. Then he backed off and apologized.

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan

No injury, I reckon maidana payed off Guerero step aside money, so he can become the WBA champ becus I have moved up as WBa super champ.

18 Aug

AmirKingKhan Amir Khan

Guys I was messing around about the injury of Guerero, apologies for the tweet, I'm sure he didn't get paid step side money,

19 Aug

Maidana's had some stuff to say in response

"Look who's got out of the cave to open his big mouth again. Amir Queen Con is the biggest liar and conner you can find around boxing these days. He says I paid Guerrero not to fight. What an stupid comment, disrespectful to both Guerrero and myself. Especially when that comment comes from someone who hires lawyers and files special requests to avoid a fight with me, like he did a few weeks back," Maidana said.

"I'm fed up with this p*ssy who says one thing and does the opposite. I'm just fed up. He beat me fair the first time, I always admitted it. But he had to run for his life and ended up looking like a chicken inside the ring. That's why he is terrified to face me again. That's why he begged the WBA to give him a 18 month extension to meet his mandatory with me. If he is available on December 10 - I am here, you Amir Queen Con. Every night when he goes to sleep he can't even look at the mirror when he thinks of me 'cause he is terrified."

from boxingscene.com

http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&opt...le&id=42780

There has been an immediate rematch ordered by the IBF. But just to clarify, under IBF rules and sanctions, if ANY IBF regulated contests result in a situation or ending where either incompetence or corruption are clearly evident and effect the outcome of such fights, particularly 'World Title' fights as recognised by the IBF, then an immediate rematch is ordered, and this rematch has to take place up to 120 days after the original fight, which from today, sets a deadline of up to 14th December 2011.

(....or something like that, I'm fucking knackered.)

watched the fight last, the ref was shocking i stopped counting how many low blows mares made after about 20, think i lost count ha!, the fight was pretty good so am looking forward to the re-match. I was reading article and don king has claimed that the ref was a golden boy ref (king won't name who tipped him of) and tried to get him changed before the fight

Yeah, I remember watching it live. Had to do the washing up so that my mum would let me watch it. Never missed a Tyson fight, Central TV was the balls, we were ahead of everyone else on Cell Block H as well. "Lets see what you learned in those massage parlours eh lassie"

Is that you Jeff?

• Paid Members

holmes berbick brawl straight outer the wwf - holmes can fly.

haha yeah I love that, Larry Holmes doing a missile dropkick off a car. He'd have fit right in in the Attitude era.

Just seen this, Amir Khan's tribute to Ghandi?

2m600ed.jpg

slow news day

oh and Lucian Bute is defending his IBF title against Glen Johnson on Nov 5th.

Edited by wandshogun09