Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
Thanks a lot! In the space of 4 posts I've had pretty much all my questions answered. Some of which before I even asked them.

These sets will tide me over until I find someone with Legendary Nights on DVD.

I'm plugging him again, but Superstars of boxing has all 12 episodes on one DVD, great picture quality and complete with DVD and Box cover art, all for only

Edited by Taylorslade

• Paid Members

lil heads up, Premier Sports (channel 433) are showing Abner Mares/Joseph Agbeko fight live on Sunday night, and before it they are showing the recent Rios/Antillon fight as well (which is required viewing), set your sky plus muthafuckers.

• Paid Members
lil heads up, Premier Sports (channel 433) are showing Abner Mares/Joseph Agbeko fight live on Sunday night, and before it they are showing the recent Rios/Antillon fight as well (which is required viewing), set your sky plus muthafuckers.

There's also a new channel which has popped up over the last few weeks, which is mostly free to watch, but I suspect that it is associated with PrimeTime, and serves to promote upcoming events. They've had an assortment of everything over the past 2 weeks that all seem to have connections with the fights which PrimeTime have been selling.

Tonight at 8pm, they are showing some kind of "Knockout special" which apparently features fights from 2007 alone, at 9pm they are showing Nathan Cleverly Vs Nadjib Mohammed.

Nothing too special, but it's free :D

Channel 456 for Sky viewers.

There's also a new channel which has popped up over the last few weeks, which is mostly free to watch, but I suspect that it is associated with PrimeTime, and serves to promote upcoming events. They've had an assortment of everything over the past 2 weeks that all seem to have connections with the fights which PrimeTime have been selling.

Tonight at 8pm, they are showing some kind of "Knockout special" which apparently features fights from 2007 alone, at 9pm they are showing Nathan Cleverly Vs Nadjib Mohammed.

Nothing too special, but it's free :D

Channel 456 for Sky viewers.

Nah, it's nothing to do with Primetime, it's a Frank Warren channel. I presume it'll be used as an outlet for his PPV's now that Sky aren't intending to show any in the near future. Can't remember if it's been mentioned on here, but Mayweather v Ortiz will be on Primetime for

• Paid Members
Nah, it's nothing to do with Primetime, it's a Frank Warren channel. I presume it'll be used as an outlet for his PPV's now that Sky aren't intending to show any in the near future. Can't remember if it's been mentioned on here, but Mayweather v Ortiz will be on Primetime for

• Paid Members

Cheers for that, not seen that one before. That youtube channel is quality for old British boxing stuff.

And yeah Benn vs Logan was a belter. Benn vs Lou Gent from 1993 was really good aswell, I'd recommend giving that a watch if you not seen it.

• Paid Members
Cheers for that, not seen that one before. That youtube channel is quality for old British boxing stuff.

And yeah Benn vs Logan was a belter. Benn vs Lou Gent from 1993 was really good aswell, I'd recommend giving that a watch if you not seen it.

I enjoyed the Piper fight myself Mike aswel. On the subject of Benn, I remember the days when he tried to shed the Dark Destroyer moniker, trying such nicknames as Nigel "Rude Boy" Benn. Personally, I think the Dark Destroyer name was, and still is one of the best I've heard in a long time, so I'm glad he went back to it, apparently he hated it for years, and this was before the Mclellan fight, so it can't be blamed on that. Although, I never saw the Rude Boy tag lasting very long.

I'm gonna go into detail about my thoughts on those guys and that era in the morning, I've been wanting to do it for a while now but never got around to it. Watch this space.