Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Pacquiao/Mosley hasn't even happened yet and already there's talk of a 3rd Pacman vs Juan Manuel Marquez fight for October. Top Rank sent the offer for a Pacquiao/JMM 3 fight to Golden Boy. Here's the article

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/boxing/ne...tory?id=6426302

There's obviously bigger fights out there for Pacquiao at this point and I'd rather see him fight Mayweather or even Sergio Martinez. I wouldn't give Marquez much of a shot against Manny now, especially at 147 but I still wouldn't mind seeing it to be honest.

If I were Pacquiao I'd seriously think about hanging them up if Mayweather isn't going to step up and fight. He has nothing more to prove really, and taking another fight against the likes of Marquez isn't going to increase his legacy by a great deal.

Unless they're throwing stupid money at him, of course...

A man who I always held in the utmost respect. Always came across as a nice. genuine man which is good a compliment as I can think of.

RIP

Shuggy

A man who I always held in the utmost respect. Always came across as a nice. genuine man which is good a compliment as I can think of.

RIP

Shuggy

I watched his final fight with Joe Bugner a few weeks ago. I thought the decision was correct.

People on Twitter are saying that Cooper dying leaves only Margaret Thatcher still living from the famous Norwegian football rant commentary when they beat us in 1981. I've just looked up the full thing and it's not that impressive, because only 3 of the people mentioned were still alive at the time, Princess Diana, Cooper and Thatcher.

Cooper is also notable as being the man who made it acceptable for straight men to wear deoderant in this country.

RIP Henry Cooper a true great of the sport

Pacman is going to destroy Mosley, I know size will be Mosleys advantage but that will not be enough to stop him getting smashed. Pacman needs to fight mayweather and that is sadly looking like it's not going to happen anytime soon.

• Paid Members

anyone else looking forward to International Prize Fighter on Saturday? i know it aint the starstudded lineup first imagined but it should be a decent night of wild fights.

If i had any money id lay down a few quid, who you picking? Two of the big names Uqeundo and Gomez pulled out this week :( leaving it looking like this:

Kevin Johnson-Gregory Tony

Michael Sprott-Tye Fields

Mike Perez-Kertson Manswell

Lucian Bot-Konstantin Airich

I'll be homering for Sprott but i think Tye Fields might cane him.

Edited by Ebb

Ebb the prizefighter show should be a good watch. I'm on babysitting duties for my 9 month old boy so will spend the night watching that with him and then fall asleep and hope he wakes me up to watch the manny Vs Mosley fight live. I'll be pulling for Sprott aswell!

• Paid Members

Yeah Saturday's boxing looks great with Prizefighter and the Pac/Mosley fight.

I'm picking Pacquiao to beat Mosley on points or maybe a late stoppage. Just think Pac's speed will be too much for Mosley as the fight goes on.

Prizefighter I ain't got a clue who to pick. With the 3 round format it's so hard to predict a winner which is what makes it fun viewing. Add me to the Sprott wagon :D Fields might beat him though if he uses his size and reach. Can see Sprott knocking him out too though. Fuck knows.

• Paid Members

Just seen this story from a few years ago about Chris Eubank and his wife giving up their 2 oldest sons for adoption to some middle aged American bird :confused:

This story totally passed me by, anyone else hear this? Here's the article, bit of a long read but I found it interesting

Revealed: Why Chris Eubank gave away his sons to a virtual stranger

He has a look of his pugilist father and packs a mean punch, too. At the Top Rank boxing gym, a few yards off the brightly lit Las Vegas Strip, Chris Eubank junior dances and dives before jabbing his sparring partner under the jaw, nearly sending him to the floor. The ringside onlookers roar their approval at the young Englishman's prowess.

The 18-year-old eldest son of monocled and lisping former boxing star Chris Eubank is training to become a professional fighter.

It is a far cry from the streets of the Sussex seaside town of Hove where he grew up with his two brothers and sister, and where his fists nearly got him into trouble.

In his early teens, while still a pupil at the local public school, Brighton College, Chris Junior started mixing with the wrong crowd. He admits it himself. At 15, and already a handsome six-footer, he was threatened by a knife-wielding gang of youths in an underground car park. They shouted abuse about his famous father, which made him snap.

The brawl that followed was recorded on a mobile phone and the footage is now posted on Chris junior's My Space website.The clip is also popular on YouTube. It shows young Eubank in a grey hoodie punching the lights out of another boy who hides his head under a car to escape the relentless beating.

The accompanying blurb on My Space - and written by Chris junior - states with finality: 'Here's a video of just another day's street fight in the UK'.

Today, however, Eubank junior has left his past behind to try to achieve success in a sport that brought his father fame and, for a time, a multi-million pound fortune.

As his trainer at the Las Vegas gym, former middleweight world champion Mike McCullum, says of his protege: 'Everything has worked out perfectly. In a few years, England is going to have another world champ named Eubank. I go in the ring with him and he's skilful, but he can also bang.'

At first, this appears a heartwarming story of a boy making good. Yet, there are curiousities in the tale of how the son of a highly eccentric former world champion boxer came to change his life.

This week, it emerged that the lad and his 16-year-old brother, Sebastian - also in the U.S. and hoping to become an American Football professional - have been given away by Chris Eubank and his former wife, Karron.

Bizarrely, the children have been formally adopted by a divorced woman living in Las Vegas. It came to light when the boys' new mother, calling herself Irene Hutton, decided to tell her side of the story.

'It sounds incredible and it is,' proclaimed the auburn-haired 51-year-old, with a slight East European accent. At her pink brick house in a middle-class area of Las Vegas, she said: 'It has been almost two years since Chris Eubank gave me the children. Both boys are fantastic.

'Their father was adamant that the entire adoption was secret, and initially I agreed. But, I want the world to know what he is like. Chris Eubank has only been out here once to see them, as far as I am aware.'

So what is the truth of the double adoption? Of all the oddities of Chris Eubank's life (and there are many, including his penchant for strutting in jodhpurs, spending thousands on his haircuts, driving the biggest HGV truck in Britain and possessing a weird vocabulary which, he says, he has learned word-by-word parrot fashion), this may be the oddest.

The adoption plan began one night in January 2006, when the former boxer, recently divorced and bankrupted (because he owed the taxman

Edited by wandshogun09