Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

i'm fucking gutted, i'm in Ireland for the rugby on the day of the Haye/Maccarinelli fight, so i may not get chance to see it live (its on at US time). And if i don't there's a very good chance i'll hear the result of the fight 'cause i'll be surrounded by sport fans all of the sunday.sucks, domestic fights like this don't happen very often :(

Haye is my fave UK boxer and I so want him to win but I remember watching him back in the day on the BBC and him getting knocked on his arse. His chin is NOT amazing (and neither is Macaranellis I know) and I think it will come down to punch resistance as to who wins this weekend.Less said about THAT heavyweight fight the better but the Duddy fight was not that much better, just massively overshone a hugely disappointing card in general. Why they made a big thing of him beating Howard Eastman I would never know, he should have retired a good 3-4 years ago, he has no passion for the sport anymore.

Did anyone else see Sky Sports News the other day when Evander Holyfield was promoting his new book and he said he would like another fight with Mike Tyson.

Yup. And the subsequent fall out with everyone calling it little more than a freak show if it did happen. His (probable) fight against James Toney will be bad enough as it is.

I saw in the paper that the big Calzagie and Haye fights was offered to ITV but they turned them down.

ITV want primetime fights. Saturday evening, quarter to ten. They don't want fights at 1.30am because they can't justify the expense. As such, with Sky not always willing to pick these fights up, Setanta step in. I must get Setanta before the weekend though.

I take it this bout is on Sky? If only ITV took its boxing strand at all seriously.

Setanta mate. Undercard coverage starts from 10.30 and I recommend you watch it as the Johanssen fight could be the most explosive one on the card!

Anyone seen Marquez/Vasquez? absolutely stunning, I thought the decision was right on but perhaps we'll get a fourth fight because of it.

I had it coming and managed to avoid the result... until now. Boo to you! :)

The forthcoming week is great for boxing...Friday 7 Mar (Sky Sports 2 21:30) - Kiko Martinez v Rendall MunroeSaturday 8 Mar (Setanta Sports 1 22:30) - Enzo Maccarinelli v David Haye Tuesday 11 Mar (Eurosport 20:00) - Rudiger May v Herbie HideFriday 14 Mar (Sky Sports 1 21:30) - David Barnes v Ted BamiSunday 16 Mar (Setanta Sports 2 02:00) - Manny Pacquaio v Juan ManuelThe Norwich nutcase Herbie Hide midweek as well. Good stuff :DOh, and Gary Lockett vs. Pavlik later in the year? Lockett is going to get murdered.

Edited by rubbafish