*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
I was gonna ask about Grado's version of the song the other day!

The one off Glee.

Are you sure? I've looked on Youtube and the Glee versions I've found sound different to Grado's one, though there could be a million versions the Glee cast did. Grado's one doesn't sound like it's the same singer, mind -- but I've only ever heard Grado's theme on Youtube videos where it's a camera picking up the music coming out the speakers as well as the crowd noise in the venue.

Glee:

Grado: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfyuqrFhECs

Grado's one kicks in big on the "....Hooooome" bit, which no other version I've heard does.

Edit: Found it on Spotify. It's by The Hit Nation, a covers/tribute thing. Sort you used to get on CDs in pound shops before pound shops started stocking Lene Marlin and Daniel Bedingfield albums. 69p on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Like-A-Prayer/dp/B002UPMLJ6/

So not only does he use one of the worst songs in history that has no business being used as a wrestling entrance, he uses a cheap cover of one of the worst songs in history! It's been years since someone on the British scene has irritated me (in the right way) as much as this guy.

So not only does he use one of the worst songs in history that has no business being used as a wrestling entrance, he uses a cheap cover of one of the worst songs in history! It's been years since someone on the British scene has irritated me (in the right way) as much as this guy.

Yer arse - it's a fantastic tune! :cool:

• Paid Members

I can't comprehend Thunderplex opinion there at all. Why does he irritate you beyond hating the entrance tune? And it makes a cracking entrance tune for him. Shocked that anyone could watch that and not have a smile beaming on their face when it kicks in and Grado appears. It's magic.

• Paid Members
I can't comprehend Thunderplex opinion there at all. Why does he irritate you beyond hating the entrance tune? And it makes a cracking entrance tune for him. Shocked that anyone could watch that and not have a smile beaming on their face when it kicks in and Grado appears. It's magic.

Have a quick re-read of exactly what I wrote.

• Paid Members

I know you said 'in the right way'. That doesn't change my question. I haven't seen much of Grado but what I've seen he comes across as a 'can't help but love him' type. It was genuine wonderment as to what you find irritating, not a dig. Is he meant to be irritating?

• Paid Members

Irritating is one of the classes of emotions that good characters bring out in me. The song is just the cherry on the cake for a character who is, from what I have seen on the videos, a complete pain in the arse. I wanted to throttle him in that Cabana skit at the airport. Last true pain in the arse UK wrestler in my opinion (and if anyone can show me footage to make me think otherwise, plese share the vids), was Jim Breaks, which in my opinion puts him in a great light. Completely watchable, and invokes a reaction, as any really good worker should do.

As an opposing example, I find John Cena irritating in the wrong way. The whole character and wrestling just makes me want to reach for the remote.

Good find Pitcos! It's great as a theme, really makes you smile when he comes strutting out and the crowd all lap it up by clapping/singing along

Yeah, it's fantastic. Every video of his entrance just makes me think "Fuck, I wish I was there!" I love his Rock turnbuckle pose in the Cabana video. Apparently he's got a part in a sitcom now too. Do ICW sell DVDs or have any full shows online, ideally from the Grado era?

• Paid Members

My original posts stands then, as I still don't get that. Maybe I haven't seen as much of him as you and have interpreted his act in a different way, but I've taken him in the way Butch described and would have thought that's what he's going for. As I said, surprised anyone be irritated by that entrance against Cabana and want to see him get slapped as a result (unless you're a Punk fanboy or something), rather than grinning their tits off. I could kind of see why he may irritate certain types 'in the wrong way' or 'the John Cena way' for you and not want to see him in their wrestling at all. Anyway, cheers for the response. Interesting that's the reaction he evokes from you.

• Paid Members

I think the main thing is he invokes a reaction. You and butch find him funny, I find him on the irritaiting end of funny. The result is that we will watch more of his stuff, which for him is a good thing.

The main question is really how come on a Friday night you and Butch are spending your time on a wrestling internet forum instead of being out on the beer or the shag? Old farts like me have nothing better to do but you two? Letting the side down lads.

• Moderators

I stayed in to watch Rocky II as I went out last night on a miserably failed date (she was a farm girl, I hate farm girls) and I still feel like someone's shat inside my head. That's why I'm here.