*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

• Paid Members
Agreed. That was awesome.

Well, when I watched the uploader's other videos, I saw that he lives in my area, so I began the process of trying to track him down, and I'm happy to say that I'm almost there, he doesnt use his Youtube account much, if he did then it would've been easy to contact him, but with nothing else to go on it's taken me almost a week. The reason I'm trying to contact him, is of course not only so I can see about getting a copy of that 15-minute clip, but I've got good reason to believe he filmed the entire show, or the vast majority of it, although I've no idea how he got away with it.

In the worst case scenario, and he only filmed those 15 minutes, then I will still be very happy to have a copy of just that, as it really is a significant find. However, if he did indeed film the rest of the show, then I might just come in my pants boys.

Ian will have a fucking fit when he sees this, wherever the fuck he is....

• Paid Members
Well, when I watched the uploader's other videos, I saw that he lives in my area, so I began the process of trying to track him down, and I'm happy to say that I'm almost there, he doesnt use his Youtube account much, if he did then it would've been easy to contact him, but with nothing else to go on it's taken me almost a week. The reason I'm trying to contact him, is of course not only so I can see about getting a copy of that 15-minute clip, but I've got good reason to believe he filmed the entire show, or the vast majority of it, although I've no idea how he got away with it.

In the worst case scenario, and he only filmed those 15 minutes, then I will still be very happy to have a copy of just that, as it really is a significant find. However, if he did indeed film the rest of the show, then I might just come in my pants boys.

Ian will have a fucking fit when he sees this, wherever the fuck he is....

Am I missing something? It's cool to have the post match stuff and the exit from the arena, but is a handheld recording of the entire show that big a deal seeing as it was televised and released commercially?

• Paid Members
Am I missing something? It's cool to have the post match stuff and the exit from the arena, but is a handheld recording of the entire show that big a deal seeing as it was televised and released commercially?

No you're not missing anything. I just find the handheld footage really cool, especially as it's only come to light now. The guy lives near me, so I'm going to see if he has the full show, or anything else recorded, if he didn't live so near, then I probably wouldn't be making the journey.

To me, that 15-minute video is really cool, not only because of the footage contained, but the guy filming it had the sense to turn the camera onto his kids and capture them going nuts, so along with the cool footage, it also captures everything it meant to be a WWF fan of that age back then.

I think it's great, and I'd love it if he has more of this kind of thing, no harm in that.

Edited by Taylorslade

I found the last minute or so particularly interesting, as all the heels and babyfaces leaving the arena whilst still in their wrestling gear, and getting onto the bus together.

13.44 - is that Regal?! Did he get a try out on that tour?

edit

And a very young William Regal at the 13:45 mark.

Sorry missed that!

Edited by twelve_grand

Worth watching from the 4.05 mark. Mankind vs Drosse on Raw from 96, featuring Jake on commentary as Lawler just rips in to him over and over and over again with a barrage of drinking gags. The best thing of course, is that this was all the TRUTH! Jake was off the wagon by then, and in fact missed the very match with Mankind that this segment was building to. The culmination of Lawlers tirade at the end is blistering stuff from the once God-like King, and the tragedy of the whole thing is set beautifully to Mankind's winning music. I know it divides opinion, but I love this angle. Jake Roberts had his moments, but I have zero issues enjoying seeing his boozy mcboozerton ways being pulled up on.

If only Jake had replied "at least I didn't rape a little girl".

Edit. Of course Lawler could have shot back "What like your old man?"

Edited by twelve_grand

A brilliant backstage promo from Nick Bockwinkel. It's after an AWA Title defense against Jerry Lawler, and Nick has an interesting challenge for The King.

If you haven't seen much of this guy, do so. A true great on the stick, in the style of Arn Anderson - an intelligent interview from one of the most under-rated guys ever.

Jump to 2.40 for the actual promo start.

Bock's underated? I thought he was consensus great. A true example of age not being a factor in greatness.

I meant in terms of how he is remembered by the industry these days. There is no DVD about him, no autobiography and I don't remember the last time he was referenced in mainstream wrestling.

Considering the level of brilliant he was, he hardly gets a mention these days, while the likes of Flair, Rogers, Harley Race, Steamboat etc... get mentions quite a lot.

Actually, the AWA in general seems to be glossed over quite a lot, despite the great things that happened there.