*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

This is a short documentary I made for my degree course at Uni on "The Heavyweight House Of Pain", Stixx. Filmed on the day of FWA British Uproar 2010.

It's only 2 minutes long (which was the duration I had to stick to) but I'm very happy with it. Any feedback would be appreciated. A huge thanks to Stixx, Alex Shane and the whole FWA for their help with the project.

BadGuy_small.jpg

Didn't want to start a whole topic on it (as that would be rather vain), but thought it might be of interest to a few people.

• Paid Members

This is a short documentary I made for my degree course at Uni on "The Heavyweight House Of Pain", Stixx. Filmed on the day of FWA British Uproar 2010.

It's only 2 minutes long (which was the duration I had to stick to) but I'm very happy with it. Any feedback would be appreciated. A huge thanks to Stixx, Alex Shane and the whole FWA for their help with the project.

BadGuy_small.jpg

Didn't want to start a whole topic on it (as that would be rather vain), but thought it might be of interest to a few people.

Well done mate. Really enjoyed it. Shame it's not longer, because I was really getting into it. You really should do more stuff like this. Stixx seems like a top bloke, and the documentary piece was well put together. Makes a change from your typical "what are your memories" type bollocks you see put together by wresting people on the internet. You see so many shite youtube style hype videos from wrestling promotions in the UK. One of them should give you a PM to show them how its supposed to be done. Top marks.

Was there any more footage left out due to your time restriction, or was that more or less all the footage?

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

Thanks very much. It was supposed to be accessible for anyone (not just wrestling fans) so I kept it kinda simple. When I get time (and a Mac) I'll make a longer cut for myself and Stixx. He is absolutely a top bloke. Super friendly and I got loads more interview footage that I didn't have time to use. It'll get done though eventually! Everyone on the day was great - gave me free-roam of the place all day.

I'm looking into getting a digital video camera soon(ish) and hope to do more of the same type of stuff. This film has been submitted for end of year marking (one of two films). I'm really happy with how it turned out.

edit -

Yes, there's lots more interview footage, plus I filmed a lot of pre-show stuff in the Civic Hall and a lot of the main show too.

Edited by Dirty Eddie

BadGuy_small.jpg

I agree with what Ian said entirely. It was a nice film, some good action shots between the interview and much different from the usual formula of these documentaries. Well done.

BadGuy_small.jpg

that makes me want to watch some british wrestling, which is something i havent really wanted to do since i was 6 watching world of sport. Excellent. Do wish it was longer, i think you should do a propper documentary if its possible. Stixx seems an amicable chap as well! great work.