Worst Angle

neil

Worst Angle in 2005?  

234 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Man dies, heel slights him, face sticks up for dead man and kicks heel's ass in revenge.  It's in very poor taste but it's sensible in the context of pro-wrestling.

What? When did this happen? What heel "slighted" Eddie Guerrero and what face "stuck up for him" and then kick his ass in "revenge"?I dont recall the Randy Orton v Undertaker Hell in a Cell being built around Undertaker sticking up for Eddie's legacy or anything like that. The lowrider wasnt used in the context that your implying that it was used.
I thought it let to a match between Mysterio and Big Show? What did it have to do with Orton and Undertaker?
Have you even seen the incident?

• Paid Members

The low rider thing.I actually thought Big show appearing to spitting on the low rider was worse than randy driving over taker (which everyone freaked out more about)In the storyline, you could argue Randy was only using the car to get rid of the Taker. Thats it. If JBL limo had been there he would have used that.But big show spitting on the car was so personal. And just weird considering show was in tears about eddie's passing a few weeks earlier.Also, the terrorist angle was so awful and removed all traces of doubt that WWE creative had any common sense left at all..

How personal was it? How deliberate was it?Show's mentioned in the past that one of the side effects of his size is the fact that he (to try and put it delicately) has saliva issues. It was the reason he gave for being 'misheard' as referring to Kaientai as 'gooks', when he claimed he said 'goons'.

The low rider thing.I actually thought Big show appearing to spitting on the low rider was worse than randy driving over taker (which everyone freaked out more about)In the storyline, you could argue Randy was only using the car to get rid of the Taker. Thats it. If JBL limo had been there he would have used that.But big show spitting on the car was so personal. And just weird considering show was in tears about eddie's passing a few weeks earlier.Also, the terrorist angle was so awful and removed all traces of doubt that WWE creative had any common sense left at all..

How personal was it? How deliberate was it?Show's mentioned in the past that one of the side effects of his size is the fact that he (to try and put it delicately) has saliva issues. It was the reason he gave for being 'misheard' as referring to Kaientai as 'gooks', when he claimed he said 'goons'.
The picture I saw of show standind in front of the car and making a spitting motion looked pretty intentional to me..

• Paid Members

The picture I saw of show standind in front of the car and making a spitting motion looked pretty intentional to me..

Can you please find me that photograph? I only ask because I watched this show live and I saw no evidence of Show spitting on Eddie's car whatsoever. I'm not going to call it bollocks outright, but it's seemed to me ever since the angle went down that idiots who don't understand what exploitation means have invented this myth so that they can bash the angle without feeling stupid. Edited by ELsupremo

Can you please find me that photograph? I only ask because I watched this show live and I saw no evidence of Show spitting on Eddie's car whatsoever. I'm not going to call it bollocks outright, but it's seemed to me ever since the angle went down that idiots who don't understand what exploitation means have invented this myth so that they can bash the angle without feeling stupid.
And considering how upset Big Show was over Eddie's passing, I highly doubt he'd spit on one of his lowriders.Just sayin.

^ I saw it on here...show was standing in front of the car and he made a spitting motion. Ill have a look for it..some have said he only pretended to spit on the car...It was cut out, but WWE had it in the script, Im fairly sure.

Edited by Garrett

• Paid Members

^ I saw it on here...show was standing in front of the car and he made a spitting motion. Ill have a look for it..

You do that.

It was cut out,

I saw it live, how could they have cut it?

but WWE had it in the script, Im fairly sure.

Post the script you've seen too please.

• Paid Members

Never saw the Smackdown special, but caught a clip from the Smackdown rebound i believe it was. The clip did appear to show Show spitting or at least miming spitting upon Rey on top of the lowrider. The clip was particuarly shown within the Smackdown rebound so seems a little odd that it would be shown if it was just Shows saliva with a mind of it's own. Naturally it befuddled me no end, what with Show being one of the top faces on Raw as it was, why choose him for this segment? Especially as Show had been shown just days earlier vividly emotional of Eddies passing. Of course it's bad enough that such an idea may have been used to exploit Eddies death at all, but considering the people involved makes it all the more disheartening and difficult to comprehend.

Can you please find me that photograph? I only ask because I watched this show live and I saw no evidence of Show spitting on Eddie's car whatsoever. I'm not going to call it bollocks outright, but it's seemed to me ever since the angle went down that idiots who don't understand what exploitation means have invented this myth so that they can bash the angle without feeling stupid.
It did happen. Show motioned as though he was about to spit on the car, and then the camera showed a shot of the crowd. I don't think he did spit on it, but that was definitley what they were implying.

• Paid Members

It did happen. Show motioned as though he was about to spit on the car, and then the camera showed a shot of the crowd. I don't think he did spit on it, but that was definitley what they were implying.

I remember him staring at the car but this spitting motion must have passed me by. I really doubt it ever happened and even if it did that's the last thing anybody should be bothered about. They booked an Eddie Guerrero tribute match in order to get his car in the arena so they could use it as a prop in an angle, then Cole started shouting about the dead rising before the 'dead man' was placed in Eddie Guerrero's low-rider and killed. Why people don't focus on that instead of this supposed spitting that nobody can prove is beyond me. Edited by ELsupremo