The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Nice double on the horses tonight for any football followersLizarazu won the 8:00 @ 20/1Zidane won the 8:15 @ 3/183/1 double there.

7:45 tonight - finalmente! have it on good authority that it should run very sell. second fave at the moment at around 4/1

"held up, ridden over 2f out, kept on same pace final furlong, never on terms"

Was going to post my tips for the French Guineas' today but racing has been cancelled at Longchamp due to workers from the PMU (the French equivalent of our Tote) not only going on strike but staging a sit-in on the racecourse and then, when officials announced racing would go ahead without betting, barracaded the jockeys in their locker room..

I was at a house party about three weeks ago. Got talking betting with a fella who told me he had 2k on David Moyes at 50-1 to get the newcastle managers job. A done deal he assured me.

I'm not completely up to date with all football news, so I take it he's pretty much lost this bet, considering you can get 1000/1 for it now........?

These next manager markets are shite. Bookies make a shit load. Any rumour in the paper makes people chuck a load of money on that manager. Every time the rumour is absolute bollox.Just looked on Betfair. Over 4 million has been punted on the next Newcastle market. Only a mill of that was on Roeder, and most of it at really poor odds."Done deals", "My friends best mate works at Newcastle", "X was seen looking for a house", "In The Mirror it said..."....all of it shit.

Nice double on the horses tonight for any football followersLizarazu won the 8:00 @ 20/1Zidane won the 8:15 @ 3/183/1 double there.

7:45 tonight - finalmente! have it on good authority that it should run very sell. second fave at the moment at around 4/1

"held up, ridden over 2f out, kept on same pace final furlong, never on terms"
yeah man the fucking jockey was a joke! held the horse back real bad!ah well at least i was up on the weekend!

• 3 weeks later...

Rare Breed just came in for me at 8/1 at the 16.10 at Redcard :):):)Got Rapsgate and Viva Volta on for the 16.50 - Both of them each-way... 12/1 and 16/1 - Got to be worth a shot if you're in the mood.Cotton Easter for the 17.00 as well - 6/1 and my most confident of all 3 bets.Anyone else had a wee flutter today?

May as well post my picks for today I suppose; :)

4:20 - Brighton - Danny the Dip

Desperatly unlucky last time out getting squeezed for room at a crucial moment when staying on. Looked to be going much the best at the time. Slipped a few more pounds in the handicap as well which should help.

4:55 - Brighton - Whatatodo

Staying on 2nd over C & D last time out, should come on for the run. Hopefully Christmas Truce (who beat it last time) will give the form a boost by winning in the 3:10 race on the same card aswell.

5:35 - Yarmouth - Jackie Kiely

Would probably like a bit more give in the ground, but has been in fine form the last few months, I always take note of the first run for a new yard.

Big plus for me is John Egan back in the saddle who in 2 rides on the horse has finished 1st and 2nd.