The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Rule #1 when betting on football, never go against Stylin when he puts up a single.Ravens Pass was very very very impressive, Not too sure as to what he beat though, as with all of these sort of 2YO races, but you can only beat whats put in front of you and he did it very well, time wernt bad either really :). Definetly one for the Guineas, looking at the way it stayed on to the line and the way it travelled throughout it may even be worth a try over a mile and half if he strengthens up well over the winter.

~ Tottenham to beat Fulham @ 5/4 - Spurs shakey away from home, but Fulham are a side in severe trouble.~ Reading to beat West Ham @ 11/10 - West Ham are overrated IMO amd I will always look to take them on when playing half decent sides, especially away from home.

Not a good day for you sunshine. :( Look at the way Raven's Pass won today and look at getting on it for the 2000 guineas next year. It was an absoloute machine, barely breaking sweat and winning by 7ish lengths.*EDIT* In a new track record time as well for a 2 year old over that distance*EDIT*
New Approach is utterly frightening. Unless it goes the way of Teofilo I can't see it losing the 2000 Guineas.

Rule #1 when betting on football, never go against Stylin when he puts up a single.

:thumbsup: Seriously though i get plenty wrong for every good one that comes in, hopefully the majority is favourable though. I think it was Dai who said a while back the days of silly accumulators are gone i'd rather just focus on one or two bigger singles or doubles than piss away

• Paid Members

~ Tottenham to beat Fulham @ 5/4 - Spurs shakey away from home, but Fulham are a side in severe trouble.~ Reading to beat West Ham @ 11/10 - West Ham are overrated IMO amd I will always look to take them on when playing half decent sides, especially away from home.

Not a good day for you sunshine. :( Look at the way Raven's Pass won today and look at getting on it for the 2000 guineas next year. It was an absoloute machine, barely breaking sweat and winning by 7ish lengths.*EDIT* In a new track record time as well for a 2 year old over that distance*EDIT*
New Approach is utterly frightening. Unless it goes the way of Teofilo I can't see it losing the 2000 Guineas.
New Approach did look very good last week but it beat nothing either. Henrythenavigator clearly does not go on soft and didn't even place in that race. New Approach has run on soft and Raven's Pass has won on firm and good to firm. It may depend on how the ground comes up on the day. I am not saying that neither needs the ground it is just they have run on nothing else.

New Approach did look very good last week but it beat nothing either. Henrythenavigator clearly does not go on soft and didn't even place in that race. New Approach has run on soft and Raven's Pass has won on firm and good to firm. It may depend on how the ground comes up on the day. I am not saying that neither needs the ground it is just they have run on nothing else.
Judging 2-y-o's on going seems a bit of crapshoot considering the way 'summer' has turned out this year. It is going to be between New Approach and Raven's Pass ante-post, but I still would not discount Henrythenavigator unless the ground resembles jump season like it has in Ireland at times this season. A lot will stay away from New Approach after getting stung by Teofilo as well.

Judging 2-y-o's on going seems a bit of crapshoot considering the way 'summer' has turned out this year. It is going to be between New Approach and Raven's Pass ante-post, but I still would not discount Henrythenavigator unless the ground resembles jump season like it has in Ireland at times this season. A lot will stay away from New Approach after getting stung by Teofilo as well.
Whilst you have mentioned 3 of the favourites, nobody has mentioned Winker Watson, who will definatly be one to consider at this early stage.

• Paid Members

I like Winker Watson as well. Very tough little horse, but more workmanlike than either Raven's pass or New Approach. Henrythenavigator is the reason I feel that Fallon should not ride anywhere until his case comes to court. When a 4-5 favourite gets beat in a group race by a 25-1 shot with Fallon on board the jolly you can't help but wonder if Mr Fallon has taken a back hander on it even if it gets beat fair and square. Its bad for racing that they still let him ride.

I like Winker Watson as well. Very tough little horse, but more workmanlike than either Raven's pass or New Approach. Henrythenavigator is the reason I feel that Fallon should not ride anywhere until his case comes to court. When a 4-5 favourite gets beat in a group race by a 25-1 shot with Fallon on board the jolly you can't help but wonder if Mr Fallon has taken a back hander on it even if it gets beat fair and square. Its bad for racing that they still let him ride.

If anything Fallon has been treated more harshly than other jockeys under investigation for being bent. Mernagh, Culhane, Winston and Fitzpatrick were allowed to ride in Britain until their suspensions were issued. Fallon's case only goes to court this month (what date?) and he has been barred in Britain for over a year without guilt being proven. They need to hope for a conviction, if only because Fallon could take the Jockey Club to the cleaners for loss of earnings and whatnot if they don't win the case.And if you accept Henrythenavigator won't go on soft ground, you accept why ran so badly in that race. That line of thinking would have me questioning a lot of jockeys (Kinane and Spencer are my two bugbears, and I have a mate who despises Royston Ffrench and Joe Fanning with a passion).

This was the race over in Ireland yes?I beleive Henrythenavigator was actually 1/2 before the race went off. :/

• Paid Members

I am led to believe by someone that works for the Jockey Club that they don't need to hope for a conviction in the Fallon case, the evidence is pretty conclusive, though he would not go into specifics, he is certainly in a position to have seen the evidence against Fallon. My bugbear with Spencer is that he tries to ride every horse the same way, swooping late from the back. It's fine when it works but when it doesn't you really want to kill him.

Clyde at 14/5 to beat Dunfermline tomorrow looks a great price. We've never taken the Challenge Cup too seriously in the past and with a free weekend with internationals this is a perfect opportunity to play the squad players and let the suspensions and injuries take care of themselves before the next round of league matches. If it all goes wrong and we put out a full team i'll log in here before kick-off from my phone and disclaim any endorsement of this :rolleyes:

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• 2 weeks later...