DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Broken Flowers - read that this was kinda in the same mold as Lost In Translation (which i liked) so i gave it a go...i can't really say it was bad, it's just nothing really happened, there was no conclusion or anything, just a weird lazy/boring film...maybe you have to be intelligent to get it?

• Paid Members

Recently I have been going through episodes of Family Guy Season Four.

Me three. Although i've found them mildly disapointing in comparison to the previous series' thus far. But was loving the homage credits with the first few eps. Edited by purplemonkeydishwasher

Might as well ask here instead of starting a new thread. In Snatch what is the music thats playing during Mickey's second fight and whilst the pikey's are killing everyone?

Not 100% sure but I think it's "Fucking in the Bushes" by Oasis.

• Paid Members

I bought the Fat Albert movie cuz i remember watching it on the Fun Factory as a lad and because i'm a mark for Kenan who plays Albert.Fun film... strange how much it's aimed at kids since anyone who remember the kids show must be at least 20 by now....Cosby cameo!I'd give it three ~ out of five.

Guest Dan Fears Satan

Caught Slither this evening, was entertained for the duration. Nothing new or amazing but funny.

Might as well ask here instead of starting a new thread. In Snatch what is the music thats playing during Mickey's second fight and whilst the pikey's are killing everyone?

Not 100% sure but I think it's "Fucking in the Bushes" by Oasis.
Oh ok, thanks.

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

finally watched old school everyone seems to talk about it and say how good it is so I thought alright i need to see this and i liked it expecially will Ferel and luke wilson was quite funny in it but seriously why do people like Vince Vaughn anyway I would highly recommend it standout scenes were the ky wrestling match/blueys death , the initiation , collecting the pledges

Supersize MeI struggle with this film on factual and scientific levels. Firstly, the fact that he chooses to eat McDonalds for thirty days to show how it is "bad" actually proves very little as no one suggest the results would be similar if eaten in moderation (although the film does point out a lot of people eat more than moderate amounts) and secondly, it underdevelops parts that would really proove something about McD as a corporation (such as their marketing to children, reasons people eat at McDonalds, ingredients in their food etc etc).However, it is a very charming and entertaining film that although sounds formatic on paper, is edited so well that you barely notice it's linear format. Spurleck makes a great host to the show, and makes a great human guniea pig. I would recomend this film as a spectacle rather than anything else (although it makes a great movie to watch to motivate weight loss).I give this film 3 potatoes out of a possible 5 potatoes.

I saw an interview with Morgan Spurlock where he spoke about why he chose McDonald's, he said it wasn't about which fast food outlet he chose, just as long as he chose the one which represents the Americana way of life, and of course that is McDonald's. It wasn't so much picking on McDonalds, but just that there was no other choice.

Guest Refuse Matt M

Supersize MeI struggle with this film on factual and scientific levels. Firstly, the fact that he chooses to eat McDonalds for thirty days to show how it is "bad" actually proves very little as no one suggest the results would be similar if eaten in moderation (although the film does point out a lot of people eat more than moderate amounts) and secondly, it underdevelops parts that would really proove something about McD as a corporation (such as their marketing to children, reasons people eat at McDonalds, ingredients in their food etc etc).However, it is a very charming and entertaining film that although sounds formatic on paper, is edited so well that you barely notice it's linear format. Spurleck makes a great host to the show, and makes a great human guniea pig. I would recomend this film as a spectacle rather than anything else (although it makes a great movie to watch to motivate weight loss).I give this film 3 potatoes out of a possible 5 potatoes.

I saw an interview with Morgan Spurlock where he spoke about why he chose McDonald's, he said it wasn't about which fast food outlet he chose, just as long as he chose the one which represents the Americana way of life, and of course that is McDonald's. It wasn't so much picking on McDonalds, but just that there was no other choice.
Never did see any point to that film whatsoever.It's like making a film saying "if you stab yourself in the chest over and over again, you might die". Or "if you drink bleach you might die" etc.I think everyone knows that if they eat McDonalds allday, everyday, then it's not going to do them any good at all.'ukedge' had it spot on in his first paragraph really.

• Paid Members

The point is that no food should fuck you up that bad physically if you eat it for 30 days and while no one eats nothing but Maccy Ds for 30 days there are some people who go there several times a week their whole lives and it's going to affect you alot physically.

Guest Refuse Matt M

The point is that no food should fuck you up that bad physically if you eat it for 30 days and while no one eats nothing but Maccy Ds for 30 days there are some people who go there several times a week their whole lives and it's going to affect you alot physically.

If you eat the same thing day after day after day, regardless of what it is, it's not going to do you any good.Everybody knows that fast food isn't good for you. But people choose to eat it.It's like people who smoke or drink heavily, they KNOW it's no good for them. But it's their choice what they feed themselves and their family.I don't think we really needed some bloke to do such a stupid and pointless experiement to figure it out.If people enjoy fast food, drinking or smoking then it's entirely up to them. Unless they've been living in a cave for the past 15 years they know it's not good for them.It's all about lifestyle choice. I'm not sure why people get so het up about what other people choose to consume. Edited by Refuse Matt M