DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Watched Punisher Warzone yesterday and loved it.

seriously?

For the action, yes.

It did have some cool action yes, but I thought the structure was terribly put together. Poorly acted aswell for the most part, although whoever played Frank was very good. Like I said a few pages back, it was awful in that fun kind of way, but as a Punisher fan I was again majorly disappointed in a movie.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Heavenly Creatures is the correct title.

Fun fact: Melanie Lynskey (the girl who isn't Kate Winslet) plays Rose in Two & A Half Men.

Watched The Happiness Of The Katakuris for the second time in about 3 years, not as great as I remember but still good. It's like a Japanese version of The Sound Of Music. With death.

• Paid Members
Fun fact: Melanie Lynskey (the girl who isn't Kate Winslet) plays Rose in Two & A Half Men.

Oh shit I never knew that.

I watched Heavenly Creatures with my brother quite a few years ago and we both went crazy at the big event at the end. Pretty disturbing.

Oh shit I never knew that.

I watched Heavenly Creatures with my brother quite a few years ago and we both went crazy at the big event at the end. Pretty disturbing.

Freaky film

• Paid Members

currently bashing through the Alien Quadrilogy, it has to be done once every couple of years. I'm gonna try working through all the shit in the box set too, it's a stack load of shit.

I'm doing the movies in their Theatrical forms this time out, the whole re-cuts and stuff have some pretty interesting stories behind them though.

I also had the pleasure of seeing Aliens in the cinema on monday night. They were showing it as part of a student thing or some shit, it was a pretty cool experience though. They showed it in it's original form too, it wasn't a touched up special edition, probably the same reel they showed in '86, it was scratched up to fuck and the sound was pretty shit, excellent.

Just watched ''Devil's Child aka Joshua'', decent little film I thought, wasnt expecting much, it's obvious whats going on from the start though, so im suprised that it's described as a ''shocking conclusion'' and so on, good watch though.

Also saw ''The Flock'' the other day, thought this was good too, nothing groundbreaking, but was watchable and enjoyable.

Heavenly Creatures is the correct title.

I mentioned her in the "Less Commerical & Conventional Hotties" topic a while back, because she's delicious as 'Rose'. :love:

Transformers 2007- Just what you'd expect from a film directed by Michael Bay to be honest. Stunning visuals which alone make this film worth watching. For me the Transformers themselves at times, esspecially during the fight scenes looked a bit...busy if you will. No real bad performences, and no really spectacular ones either. Shia Labeuf was rather enjoyable in his role and as for Megan Fox....damn those eyes!

Devils Rejects- You can tell Rom Zombie loves his horror movies (a fact i know is true based on his CRIB episode), and it's also clear he thinks he knows how to make a good horror film. I personally liked it and thought of it as a decent slasher/ road movie with all the characters being unique and interesting in some way or other. Some of the scenes on paper were brutal, but not brutal to watch. For instance the motel room scene where Otis gets the older lady to strip down was very similar to a scene in Funny Games, that, in my mind, was a lot more effective as it didnt actually show you anything and had no score in the background. Mrs Moon Zombie is also very sexy in a nutjob kinda way in this film!

Half Baked- Watched this before while stoned and didnt see what all the fuss was about. Maybe it's because i didnt watch it straight after anchorman this time, but after getting stoned and watching it again, it's now my favourite stoner movie of all time! Was just such an awesome stoner flick! The Brian character for me is one of the best stoner characters ever! Also the guy playing Kenny in jail was such a funny OTT performence but actually had me thinking that deep down, id probably be the same if it happened to me!!

• Paid Members

saw Swing Vote today, and i really enjoyed it. It's a political satire/family drama but instead of being all weird and shoving ideals down your throat, it's fairly light and easy going. It's been trashed by reviews and whatever because of it's political/patriotic approach but fuck them, i liked it :thumbsup:

I've recently watched all the Nightmare on Elm Streets (not including New Nightmare) and I've enjoyed the majority. I think my order of preference is, from best to worst, Dream Warriors, Dream Child, original, Freddy's Revenge, Freddy's Dead, The Dream Master. I can't remember enjoying New Nightmare on first watch, but I hope rewatching it will change my view. Dream Master and Freddy's Dead are truely awful, but the rest are pretty good. Freddy's Revenge is one of the most under-rated horror sequels, next to Halloween 3.

Just for fun, my order would be, from best to worst;

Dream Warriors, original, New Nightmare, Freddy's Revenge, The Dream Master, Dream Child then Freddy's Dead. It's been a while since I've watched any of them, but I always have a hard time actually remembering what happened in parts 4, 5 and 6. Might watch them all again soon to see if the list changes at all.

Just for fun, my order would be, from best to worst;

Dream Warriors, original, New Nightmare, Freddy's Revenge, The Dream Master, Dream Child then Freddy's Dead. It's been a while since I've watched any of them, but I always have a hard time actually remembering what happened in parts 4, 5 and 6. Might watch them all again soon to see if the list changes at all.

As much as i love the films i'm a sucker with the names of each film so i'll stick with numbers going best > worst:

3, 1, 7, 2, 4, 5, 6

Part three is my favourite by a long way. It was actually the first one i saw and at the time i was petrified but morbid curiousity and all that worked my way through them over time.