DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wondered if anyone has seen Apocolypto made by Mel Gibson? I noticed the DVD in WH Smith today and it's interesting, it's set in ancient South or Central America it appears.

Yeah I've seen it. Its quite cool. Its really just an over blown action movie under the pretense of something important because its all in some old tribal language. Its very violent and gory so if you like that type of thing its worth a watch.
No, that Passion of The Christ your thinking of, Def. Its all about this bloke called Jesus who invents the modern table and as a cruel consquence is crucified by the very people whoose great-grandkids buy the shit from Ikea.

Watched I am Legend today. It was alright, Will Smith is really good in this, sadly his slow mental demise (talking and arguing with mannequins) was met with regular rounds of the guffaw from my fellow cinema-goers.

Same here. I even argued with the girlfriend on the way home because she did it."But the mannequin he was yelling at had a bright orange hoody on, ha ha!" :angry:

I think people have been generous with I Am Legend. It is so unoriginal and dull, its got a few interesting bits, but for the most part I was laughing. Sure Smith's good but the plot is full of loop holes and cliches, and trys to sell itself on the back of it's great panaromic shots. The first film I've seen in the cinema in 2008 and it was not a good indication of what to expect for the rest of the year.

I think you're a being a little harsh calling I Am Legend "unoriginal" given that it's based on a text that emerged in 1954.As for No Country, I've been counting the days since last summer. Nearly here now...

The film's unoriginal in the current cinematic climate, despite it's source material.

• Paid Members

I think you're a being a little harsh calling I Am Legend "unoriginal" given that it's based on a text that emerged in 1954.As for No Country, I've been counting the days since last summer. Nearly here now...

You're going to love it. I watched it the other day and thought it was good but it's been stuck in my mind ever since and I re-watched it and it was even better.

The film's unoriginal in the current cinematic climate, despite it's source material.
Perhaps, but I still think it's unfair given that source material was essentially the template for the similar cinematic outings that have come before. If it was just a retread or a rip-off, I'd be in full agreement with you, but this is the first officially recognised adaptation of the novel, whereas the likes of 28 Days Later and The Omega Man were clearly inspired by it.

I watched the Jesse Ventura story, thanks for the heads up!It's low budget and the actor doesn't sound anything like Ventura and not much like him really either and it was odd using WCW wrestlers in the film from around 1999 when it set in the 70s and early 80s. Still it was fun to watch a film to do with wrestling.I've started watching the condemmed with Steve Austin but had to dash out so I'll comment on it once seen it all.