DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to watch TMNT at the cinema last night - I couldn't wait for the main release, so went to an advanced screening. It's bloody excellent.

It's a couple of years after the Turtles had beaten the Shredder, and they're all trying to get on with their lives, as dull as they've become. Each of them is becoming more distant from the other - think how Ghostbusters II started. It's quite dark in places, and I really got into one particular fight scene in the second act.

CGI really is the way to go with the Turtles. Sure, the humans look like they've escaped from The Incredibles, but I believe this is the closest thing to the comic books you'll get to see on the big screen.

Plus, it's got Sarah Michelle Gellar doing the voice of April, and Patrick Stewart as the main villain.

Lethal Weapon 2

I really really liked Lethal Weapon for a whole host of reason, but the sequel certainly doesn't stand up to its predecessor.

The character development, which in the first film was pivtoal, is dropped and your just expected to enjoy the character of Riggs and Murtaugh on the merits of the first film alone, which is alright at the start of the film, but soon it is revealed they are simply shadows of the previous multi-diemensional selfs (especially Riggs).

The film lacks the dark underbelly of the first, in which despite having a good plot, the fucked up achololic and weary senior officer's transformation in to coherent unit was nothing less of genius.

Plus this film has the terrible Patsy Kensit in, whoose South African accent is actually terrible, and can't act for toffee.

Its a shame, because I really wanted to love this film, as much as the first one, but despite not being a bad movie it just doesn't live up to the original.

• Paid Members

hehe, i got Lethal Weapon on now (got in the mood after reading the article in this month's Total Film).i love the whole series, i cant say which one i like the most i just watch em all at random times, i just love the characters and humor of the whole thing. Best Buddy movies ever!

I've watched a few films recently.Four Rooms - Old film but first time i've watched it. I thought it was a great film, very funny in parts, and although it did drag to the climax of the film, the ending was awesome!Gridiron Gang - I don't know why but I feel like I have to watch all fims The Rock has been in. I like Walking Tall, thought he was one of the best characters in Be Cool, I thought Welcome to the Jungle/The Rundown is probably his best film but Gridiron Gang is a close second. Nice feel good story, and I thought The Rock was great in it.SAW III - Not as good as the first two. A bit hard to get what was going on at the end, but at least the gore was something to appreciate. But I get the feeling it was just trying to compete with Hostel.The Pursuit of Happiness - Will Smith is great in this film. Very emotional, and you can't help but shed a tear at the end. Loved it.The Pick of Destiny - Turned it off after 15 minutes. I'll try it again another time.

• Paid Members

Lethal Weapon 1 is outstanding.I haven't seen 3 or 4, either of them worth watching or they mindless genre sequels like the second?

i might be the wrong person to ask cause i loved 2 aswell...but yeh, their great:)

I went to see Premonition today. It is another film to add to the list of poor or disappointing films of 2007 (along with The Return, Number 23, Ghost Rider, Outlaw and Hannibal Rising). It is a mess of a movie really, with Sandra Bullock doing her best in the lead role, but being dragged down by a poor script and some poor execution of a fine idea. Parts are silly/stupid (when she goes to the church, her husbands death, the ending), parts make no sense (why does her daughter not have scars when she should have them, why does her falling out with her husband come out of the blue) and you are never told which day she is actually living! On the plus side it is 110-minutes but does feel shorter (i.e. it is never really boring), but very little happens in the near 2-hour runtime.

The "original" Premonition movie by the director of Ring 0 is better.

• Paid Members

I watched Leprechaun 1 last night on one of the Horror channels. Its the first ever film on Jennifer Aniston's resume and is so awful its great.I had laughed too much so I decided to leave 2 and 3, but noticed that Leprechaun 4 was set in space. I had to see this. It was so fucking great. Includes one of the nazi soldiers from 'Allo Allo' playing the Dr on the ship, who turns into a scorpion/tarantula mutant at the end of the film because the evil Leprechaun mixes 'DNA', a tarantula and scorpion in a blender then injects it into the Doctors head. (?)Bad script, Bad acting, Bad effects, Bad Gags. It was like Jason X but actually watchable.Apparantly Leprechaun 5 is set "In the Hood". I cant wait!