DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members
Zoolander

- saw for 1st time the other day, bloody funny but not quite as good as the other Ben Stiller movie about the ice skating(?)

Can't say I'm familiar with a Ben Stiller ice skating movie. If you mean Blades of Glory and you're saying it's better than Zoolander, then you must be shot.

Zoolander's one of my favourite films of all time. One of the main reasons is for Will Ferrel as the awesome Mugatu.

^^^This.

Also, it had me doing "Blue Steel" at random for the following weeks after I watched it.

Zoolander

- saw for 1st time the other day, bloody funny but not quite as good as the other Ben Stiller movie about the ice skating(?)

Can't say I'm familiar with a Ben Stiller ice skating movie. If you mean Blades of Glory and you're saying it's better than Zoolander, then you must be shot.

Zoolander's one of my favourite films of all time. One of the main reasons is for Will Ferrel as the awesome Mugatu.

^^^This.

Also, it had me doing "Blue Steel" at random for the following weeks after I watched it.

Maybe it can become your game face/pulling face and you can pick up loads of trannies with it, eh?

• Paid Members

I never saw the reason for the Zoolander love. I saw it after my sister tried to convince me it was the funniest film ever. Ever.

The only gag I laughed at was the one about him not being able to turn right, and then doing a 270 degree turn to the left.

• Paid Members
I never saw the reason for the Zoolander love. I saw it after my sister tried to convince me it was the funniest film ever. Ever.

The only gag I laughed at was the one about him not being able to turn right, and then doing a 270 degree turn to the left.

Obviously, it's a matter of opinion, humour always is. I wouldn't say it was the funniest movie ever, because my favourite movie of all time is Withnail & I, but I think it's pretty damn funny.

Will Ferrell in particular is brilliant - there's a hilarious bit where he just runs across a room. There's no gag or subtext, he just runs across, but he does it in such a way that you can't help but chuckle. It's one of the silliest bits of humour I've ever seen.

Zoolander

^^^This.

Maybe it can become your game face/pulling face and you can pick up loads of trannies with it, eh?

Hey, he's no Don Juan!

Will Ferrell in particular is brilliant - there's a hilarious bit where he just runs across a room. There's no gag or subtext, he just runs across, but he does it in such a way that you can't help but chuckle. It's one of the silliest bits of humour I've ever seen.

YES! I know exactly wha you mean, the girly run towards the display model.

I wouldn't say it's the funniest film in the world, but it got a few cheap laughs from me.

• Paid Members
The Zane cameo always makes me laugh. The way he subtly puts his glass down and puts on a mean face in the background. Great film.

"Put a cork in it, Zane!"

Great stuff. For me, though, the biggest mark-out moment was seeing David Fucking Bowie step up to judge the walk-off. The only disappointment was that he didn't really get any decent gags, which I would've loved to see.

Zoolander

Yep Blades of Glory was the film I'm thinking of. They are similar with the pro wrestling influences but Blades of Glory goes further. Will Ferrel is funnier Ben Stiller come to think of it.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Obviously, it's a matter of opinion, humour always is. I wouldn't say it was the funniest movie ever, because my favourite movie of all time is Withnail & I, but I think it's pretty damn funny.

Now you are talking mate! My mrs introduced me to film, it's wicked!

• Paid Members
Watched Black Sheep last night, wasn't expecting much from it but it turned out to be quite funny and full of needless gore. Good watch.

I was planning on watching this tonight, so this is good.