DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Paid Members
I dunno'. I found Ring 0 to be a better film than Ring 2.

Definitely, Ring 2 was absolutely fucking dire. The only one worse than 2 in the series was the spin-off, Rasen.

0 wasn't so much a horror for me as a rather poignant tragedy with elements of horror in it, though.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Robin Williams is great, but today I had the misfortune of watching Robin Williams: Live On Broadway which was essentially two hours of Williams rambling about current affairs (in 2002) in various 'funny' voices accents. Naturally the predominantly American audience pissed themselves laughing throughout while I just sat there with a blank look on my face wondering where the jokes were. I finally snapped after an hour and a bit and switched it off to do something else.

Dud.

I think Robin Williams is great, but today I had the misfortune of watching Robin Williams: Live On Broadway which was essentially two hours of Williams rambling about current affairs (in 2002) in various 'funny' voices accents. Naturally the predominantly American audience pissed themselves laughing throughout while I just sat there with a blank look on my face wondering where the jokes were. I finally snapped after an hour and a bit and switched it off to do something else.

Dud.

I think as an actual comedian he can rub you either way depending on the material. I remember when he appeared on, I think it was Clive Anderson, he had me in utter stitches, but other times I find him quite dull.

Watched Hook today and he reminded me of the fact that as an actor he can make any role, no matter how corny, watchable.

LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT ( 2009 REMAKE ) - 7.5/10

Well this turned out much better than I'd expected to be honest as normally remakes are a bit shite, overall I couldnt fault it 1 bit apart from the bit right at the end I didnt know if the dad really did that or not.

It would of been better if I hadnt already seen the original but I saw it that long ago ( about 12 years ) that I'd forgot bits and pieces but remembered the main parts like who dies etc.

Still well worth a watch though I reckon.

Edited by BxB Hulk

The Hunt For Gollum: A short (34 minutes) non-profit fan film. It's really, really good. I wasn't expecting much and I wasn't sure how I would take to the characters not being played by the original actors, but they do a really good job. Very well put together, very well acted and the voice for Gollum itself is convincing enough that you actually think it's Andy Serkis.

The film is set prior to The Fellowship of the Rings, and it basically sets up Gandalf going to the Shire to see Bilbao. If you like LOTR, you'll like this.

• Moderators
Saw Night at the Museum 2 last night, it was far funnier than I expected. Hank Azaria and Steve Coogan I found especially hilarious. Worth a watch if you're in the mood for some gentle comedy.

I watched the first one on TV last night and had much the same thoughts.. "gentle comedy" is a perfect description, but it was throughly enjoyable, and I recognised pretty much every single adult cast member from somewhere.

Ricky Gervais was, of course, shit and annoying throughout.

• Paid Members
They're actually quite hard to compare as Ring 0 was about the histroy behind the whole thing so was very different from the first two. It was a good film, but I felt at times it wondered a bit from the genre.

What's your point? I don't really see why care about it staying on genre. Ring 0's tremendous and easily my favourite of the trilogy. I re-watched the first one recently for the first time in ages and had forgotten that it's actually quite dull at times. As Carbomb's stated, the second films just plain rubbish.

I think Robin Williams is great, but today I had the misfortune of watching Robin Williams: Live On Broadway.

Dud.

That's a shame. I remember reading very good reviews about that when it was first released but never got around to watching it. Kinda glad now as from your description it sounds very much like the problem I often had with some aspects of his stand up.

Saw Night at the Museum 2 last night, it was far funnier than I expected. Hank Azaria and Steve Coogan I found especially hilarious. Worth a watch if you're in the mood for some gentle comedy.

I watched the first one on TV last night and had much the same thoughts.. "gentle comedy" is a perfect description, but it was throughly enjoyable, and I recognised pretty much every single adult cast member from somewhere.

Ricky Gervais was, of course, shit and annoying throughout.

The first one was just great for the appearance of Van Dyke and Rooney