DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Went to see Pineapple Express today, it was fucking hillarious. I'd actually go as far as to say that it was better than Superbad all round. I can't recommend it highly enough, go see it!

Superbad was rubbish though so it's not much of a compliment. Well, not rubbish, just not good enough to belong to the best of the Judd Apatow stable of comedies.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

I have the Legion novel.

How is that scene played out in writing? You know the one. I imagine fifty pages of "yeah, it's a hallway and that. There's a nurse milling about. Nothing happening. Still a hallway. The nurse is OH FUCKING HELLCHRIST"
Oh jesus, I can't remember. As I said its been a while since I read it. About 8 years or so. I'll have a look about my room see if I can find it and I'll get back to you on that one haha ;)
Does that mean I'll be sitting around, not thinking about it for ages and ages, then when I'm all calm and just minding my business, one day you'll just be there, RIGHT BEHIND ME, wielding a book at my neck? :(For those who don't get my tiresome referencing - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY# - although I'm sure it's actually about 30 seconds longer, that's the longest cut I can find on youtube.

I have the Legion novel.

How is that scene played out in writing? You know the one. I imagine fifty pages of "yeah, it's a hallway and that. There's a nurse milling about. Nothing happening. Still a hallway. The nurse is OH FUCKING HELLCHRIST"
Oh jesus, I can't remember. As I said its been a while since I read it. About 8 years or so. I'll have a look about my room see if I can find it and I'll get back to you on that one haha ;)
Does that mean I'll be sitting around, not thinking about it for ages and ages, then when I'm all calm and just minding my business, one day you'll just be there, RIGHT BEHIND ME, wielding a book at my neck? :(For those who don't get my tiresome referencing - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zH8ynu0jRvY# - although I'm sure it's actually about 30 seconds longer, that's the longest cut I can find on youtube.
On that same page if you click the Hot Nurse link you end up with a video of a nurse with a great rack and Freaky Jason trying to lick his elbows.

It's shit. opinion obviously

I thought it was OK. Nothing to write home about, loved Goblet of Fire so have to say I expected better, the magic fight scenes near the end were well done though.
Im not an avid follower of the books, but I quite enjoyed most of the films. Order of the pheonix was terrible though, it just felt like filler to lead into something bigger rather than a story in itself.

As a massive fan of the books I found it dissapointing. Open casting for the first few films has come back to bite them in the arse as some of the child performances as absolutely awful (Emma Watson) whilst the whole thing lacks energy and is horribley edited and directed. Also it diverts and cuts from the book to many times.

Completely agree with you. Massive fan of both the books and the movies myself, but yeah this movie was'nt that great compared to the book. I think if I'd not read the book, I'd have enjoyed it. I think the Dumbledore-Voldemort magic fight at the end was pure class though, although I was bitterly disappointed that Dumbledore looked scared of Voldemort :(I really hated and didnt get why Harmione did that stupid little pause when she introduced Luna Lovegood, irked the crap out of me cause it was just so cringeworthy. I think Daniel Radclife and the boy playing Ron are decent enough though.It's from watching this movie and seeing Bellatrix that I've developed a full on obsession with Helen Bonham Carter :love: I know she's not the "standard good looking type of woman" and alot of people think she's ugly, but by Christ i love her

I really hated and didnt get why Harmione did that stupid little pause when she introduced Luna Lovegood, irked the crap out of me cause it was just so cringeworthy. I think Daniel Radclife and the boy playing Ron are decent enough though.

The (breath) pause (breath) before (breath) every (breath) word (breath) in (breath) when (breath) say (breath) ing (breath) something (breath) important (breath) annoyed (breath) me (breath)so (breath) much. Examples, the scene in Grimmauld place when Harry first arrives and in the great hall when Umbridge is first introduced.

• Paid Members

Awake

Wow, how did Hayden Christiansen manage to stop me feeling any sympathy for him in a movie about being aware during heart surgery? It's one of the most horrible situations imagineable and I just did not care. Perhaps it was the fact that his character was a smirking smug bastard who happened to be the air to a ludicrously vast fortune, perhaps it was the fact that he is fundamentally unlikeable as an actor. Probably both. I also laughed quite hard at some of his voice over work. Other than that is was silly fun. It has Jessica Alba in it.

Pan's Labrynth

Beautiful, brutal, grotesque and brilliant. Thoroughly enjoyed it, don't need to say much else about a film that has received universal glowing praise, but I'll just add that it didn't disappoint and that everyone really should see it.

I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry

Jessica Biel. Oh my god. Jessica Biel. Holy shit. Also awkward gay moments lol. It's a pile of shit and the Rob Schneider Asian "me so solly" character is rather offensive. Seriously though, Jessica Biel. Oh my god.

Edited by JLM

Equilibrium

Another awesome Christian Bale flick. Ive never been in the mood to watch it before (too many comparisons with the bloody Matrix series). Really good though, the premise is excellent... plus Im sure there is some deep, hidden critique on society somewhere in there! Weird thing is it looks a bit dated and its not that old... may be that was the plan?

As a massive fan of the books I found it dissapointing. Open casting for the first few films has come back to bite them in the arse as some of the child performances as absolutely awful (Emma Watson) whilst the whole thing lacks energy and is horribley edited and directed. Also it diverts and cuts from the book to many times.

Completely agree with you. Massive fan of both the books and the movies myself, but yeah this movie was'nt that great compared to the book. I think if I'd not read the book, I'd have enjoyed it. I think the Dumbledore-Voldemort magic fight at the end was pure class though, although I was bitterly disappointed that Dumbledore looked scared of Voldemort :(I really hated and didnt get why Harmione did that stupid little pause when she introduced Luna Lovegood, irked the crap out of me cause it was just so cringeworthy. I think Daniel Radclife and the boy playing Ron are decent enough though.It's from watching this movie and seeing Bellatrix that I've developed a full on obsession with Helen Bonham Carter :love: I know she's not the "standard good looking type of woman" and alot of people think she's ugly, but by Christ i love her
Bonham Carter is definitely the unconventional beauty.

Ronin wasn't as good as i'd been led to believe it was i got bored and switched off half way through although that irish lass was pretty fit.

Natascha McElhone is the lass who played Diedrw. Shes Trumans true love in The Truman Show and is in Solaris amongst othersShes from London and Her hubby has just passed away so is now free and single! :thumbsup: I would have put her in the unconvential thread, but thought she was too well knownnatascha_mcelhone_.jpg

Ronin wasn't as good as i'd been led to believe it was i got bored and switched off half way through although that irish lass was pretty fit.

Natascha McElhone is the lass who played Diedrw. Shes Trumans true love in The Truman Show and is in Solaris amongst othersShes from London and Her hubby has just passed away so is now free and single! :thumbsup: I would have put her in the unconvential thread, but thought she was too well knownnatascha_mcelhone_.jpg
those cheekbones..christ she's hot aint she.

EquilibriumAnother awesome Christian Bale flick. Ive never been in the mood to watch it before (too many comparisons with the bloody Matrix series). Really good though, the premise is excellent... plus Im sure there is some deep, hidden critique on society somewhere in there! Weird thing is it looks a bit dated and its not that old... may be that was the plan?

Equilibrium is strongly influenced by George Orwell's 1984" and Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World", you should read them if you ever get the chance as they're both excellent books. There's a film version of 1984, but it's not very good.