DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, it's popular so it must be good. Face facts, I don't need to step in the ring with Mike Tyson to know he's going to knock me the fuck out, and I don't need to see Ratatouille to know that it's more about making money than entertaining people.

Wow, it's popular so it must be good. Face facts, I don't need to step in the ring with Mike Tyson to know he's going to knock me the fuck out, and I don't need to see Ratatouille to know that it's more about making money than entertaining people.

Are you trying to say that from any trailers or previews you've seen of it that it appears to be a film made by a company that couldn't think of a decent idea or script for a film so just decided to make one anyway knowing that people will watch it just because of who its made by?

• Paid Members

You're silly. Edited by LaGoosh

FUCK THE SYSTEMI REFUSE TO CONFORM BY SEEING A DISNEY PIXAR CORPORATE CASH COW MOVIEI WILL SIT AT HOME AND LISTEN TO SLIPKNOT INSTEAD

Who is it that doesn't like Ironic Indie Lad again?He's fuckin' hilarious...

• Paid Members

I watched Little Man last night.There are no words. :duh:

Pretty rank isn't it. That's 90 minutes I'll never get back.
Indeed. There were two funny moments at the very most. As for the the hockey brawl; you know it isn't really a baby, but damn that scene is very, very wrong.

I watched Little Man last night.There are no words. :duh:

Kermode had plenty

"This is an evil film. Genuinely evil. It's horrible, it's vile, it's the end of western civilisation as we know it. If you see this film, shame on you!"

Not seen it but what do you expect from a Wayans Brother's movie?As for Ratatouille i can't wait to see it, i've read some great reviews, i've seen all but one of Pixar's films and all have been very good to great.You've got the wrong studio, Dreamworks is the money maker and Pixar are the makers of goodness.

Cool Runnings,Hadn't heard of it before Tuesday night, But It's good, I would give it 7/10 at least."Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!""Nuff people say, you know they can't believe, Jamaica, we have a bobsled team":thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Cool Runnings,Hadn't heard of it before Tuesday night, But It's good, I would give it 7/10 at least."Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, its bobsled time! COOL RUNNINGS!""Nuff people say, you know they can't believe, Jamaica, we have a bobsled team":thumbsup:

:omg: You hadn't heard of Cool Runnings! I am legit gob smacked. I thought everyone was made to watch it at least five times since its release. I know folk that hate it but I've always thought it was very funny and heart warming in equal measures.Here Edited by DEF

Flashpoint and SPL

2 Donnie Yen films here, Flashpoint being his latest picture. SPL was way too far fetched for me, even for a HK flick, also beats you over the head with all the melodrama, still some decent action scenes. 6/10

I enjoyed Flash Point immensely, Yen mixes up martial arts with MMA in this film and i believe it works well, film looked gorgeous, solid acting all round and some of the best action scenes i've seen in some time. Plot was a bit simplistic, since Infernal Affairs the cop/badguy storyline features in a lot of new HK movies but it just seemed cliched here. Still, definitely recommended. 8/10

Failan

A beautiful and heartbreaking film.

Stars Min-Sik Choi (Oldboy) as a low level gangster going nowhere in life, and Cecilia Cheung (Failan) going to Korea in hope of finding her only remaining relatives. The film changes from one story to the other as it follows each of their lives, and refusing to spoil the whole plot, the film unfolds in a genuinely touching ending. Fantastic 9/10

American Gangster

New Ridley Scott film, featuring Denzel Washington as Frank Lucas, a big drug kingpin in New York in the 60s and Russell Crowe as Richie Roberts, a cop who heads up a team investigating big drug pushers.

The length at 2 hrs 30 min might put some people off, and the movie moves along at a slow pace but always keeps the viewer engaged, fans of The Wire will enjoy this, Crowe's character is a carbon copy of McNulty. No breakout performances here, but the acting is fine all round and some of the scenes look gorgeous. 8/10

Edited by Barry G