DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

You've missed out the bit about it being 'in your opinion' Mr Seven.

Seeing as he posted it i'd have thought that was pretty much a given. Or would it have really made any difference to you whether he'd have posted those three pointless words? Seriously, what would be the point of him typing 'this is my opinion' rather than just posting his opinion as it's clear to everyone who isn't an utter moron he's only voicing his opinion. Debate his opinion all you want. You know, make a little discussion about it. Say why in your opinion Me Sevens opinion is bollocks. And don't type 'IMO' when you do it. Just fucking type it. Actually forget that. Just go away. I hate you.
Brilliant post :D

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm currently making my way through The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe DVD of the TV series.

After watching the new Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe yesterday I can say that although it might look nicer, the new film doesn't match up to the TV series at all. At least the TV version had kids who could actually act.
Thank you. The viewer is supposed to care about the 4 children (and be behind them), yet throughout (and certainly by the end) I wanted to see them all killed; especially the youngest girl!
Would she be the one that spends the entire movie

Seeing as he posted it i'd have thought that was pretty much a given. Or would it have really made any difference to you whether he'd have posted those three pointless words? Seriously, what would be the point of him typing 'this is my opinion' rather than just posting his opinion as it's clear to everyone who isn't an utter moron he's only voicing his opinion. Debate his opinion all you want. You know, make a little discussion about it. Say why in your opinion Me Sevens opinion is bollocks. And don't type 'IMO' when you do it. Just fucking type it. Actually forget that. Just go away. I hate you.
Yeah, thanks man. You'd think people would click that my posts contain my opinions oddly enough...

Yeah, thanks man. You'd think people would click that my posts contain my opinions oddly enough...
Well actually, considering his posts about King Kong (where he presented King Kong being a bad film as fact rather than opinion), I would say that isn't actually a given.But don't let that get in the way of you trying to make yourself look 'cool'.

• Paid Members

Well actually, considering his posts about King Kong (where he presented King Kong being a bad film as fact rather than opinion), I would say that isn't actually a given.But don't let that get in the way of you trying to make yourself look 'cool'.
I missed the King Kong posts. But still, it's clear to me that Mr Seven is passionate about films (he posts in most film threads if he hasn't already created them himself) and has a clear belief/opinion in what constitues a film being good. He's given his reasons why he thought Layer Cake was shit. You could reply and say why you disagree and tell him what makes it a good film. This is a discussion forum afterall. Or do you just hate his tastes in general? Do you get pissed off when a film critic slates a film you enjoyed and write them a letter saying 'that's just your opinion though.'?Maybe he did present them as facts. People do that on this forum. Penis Believer and El Supremo do it all the time. It's generally just because they strongly believe one thing one way or the other and are generally pretty stubborn over it. It's still obviously their opinion. So debate it. Prove them wrong and argue their points.

But don't let that get in the way of you trying to make yourself look 'cool'.

That's just your opinion.

Watched Batman Begins earlier, fun movie. Although a was disappointed with the murder of Bruce's parents, it completely takes away the far better story of Jack Napier killing them.The action was good, the car chase scene especially.:)

Guest KANO_THE_MYSTIC

Bought and Watched Land of the Dead , Uncut today was better than the pictures not much extra but the secnes that were left on it were good ( A guy commits suicide after getting bitting by hanging himself but then turns bites his son and Cholo beats him with a club) I would reccomend it so go buy it ... snap snap

• Paid Members

Bought and Watched Land of the Dead , Uncut today was better than the pictures not much extra but the secnes that were left on it were good ( A guy commits suicide after getting bitting by hanging himself but then turns bites his son and Cholo beats him with a club) I would reccomend it so go buy it ... snap snap

gonna pick up that badboy today...

Watched Narnia yesterday. I really enjoyed it, as many people have said the kids acting was shite but at some moments I got so into the film my jaw was dropping.Everyone knows the story but you can't imagine the great fight scene just by reading the book, worth a watch just for the battle scene. Also saw Pumping Iron, the bodybuilding documentary that shot Arnie into the limelight. Really fascinating documentary that anyone who doesn't know anything about bodybuilding (me) can get into and enjoy.

I've watched a few DVDs over Christmas:Jimmy Carr: Stand up.Very funny, I really like Jimmy. It wasn't as good as last years DVD, but it still had some fantastic moments, his rapport with the audience is great.The Descent.Really good horror movie although I thought the beginning and the end were a little off. It had some genuinely scary moments.War of the Worlds.OK movie, I thought it was good in places, the plane wreckage etc, but very poor in others, the scene in Tim Robbins' basement. Two things that annoyed me a little were the firstly the fact that the people were out running what was giant machines, but they all stayed together in large groups, it didn't make sense. Secondly the scene in the basement where the aliens appeared, it spoilt the end and took away what the aliens were like.Lee Evans: XL Tour live.Awesome, I was rolling around laughing in places, this is one of his best DVDs by far.