WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Paid Members
Medievil on the Ps1, fantastic game.

Bastard, now I'm gonna have to go and find myself a copy of the damned thing, I'd forgotten how great that game was.

You got any old Ps1 games? we could swap once i've finished with it.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I won't get used to is the speed at which some of the written dialogue disappears from the screen. By necessity in a Banjo game, nearly all speech is subtitled, but the font is very small (made worse on a portable TV!) and frequently vanishes before I've had a chance to read it all. Very annoying, in any game.

I read that both these issues were patched last week. Check for updates?

I guess I'd better get around to joining this Xbox Live thingummy after all, then.

Help me make a decision please.

Left 4 Dead or Fallout 3? I know, different games entirely but I need some kind of decision maker to tell me what I should pick up next. I'm so torn between them both and really not sure where to go with it. Is there a big UKFF take up for L4D?

One thing I won't get used to is the speed at which some of the written dialogue disappears from the screen. By necessity in a Banjo game, nearly all speech is subtitled, but the font is very small (made worse on a portable TV!) and frequently vanishes before I've had a chance to read it all. Very annoying, in any game.

I read that both these issues were patched last week. Check for updates?

I guess I'd better get around to joining this Xbox Live thingummy after all, then.

Installed the patch now and it's made a massive difference, thanks.

Exploring the town area/game hub is mighty addictive. I've only played three proper acts so far (one world), but spent ages travelling around the overworld retrieving boxes for the garage, collecting musical notes, and discovering the whole jinjo/minjo deal. With a bit of creativity you can reach places you're probably not supposed to yet - unless that's actually part of the plan, which wouldn't surprise me.

• Paid Members

brothers in arms, very good. i enjoyed the last 2, so more of the same but bigger and better does me fine

fallout, which is great and has taken a fair few hours without me really doing much so far, but it is a bit up and down with how it plays.

a couple of times its frozen up a bit, i think i sat down too fast for the goat and it didn't start, people thanking me for killing something when they did, and i was trying to find the hole in the fence to get in to them, that woman in the vault some how morphing out side the bolt then running into a wall. it doesn't hold it back much, but it does make me wonder how it will go as a i play more.

i was unsure if i should get it, as i was shit at fallout 2, but this is completely different, like oblivion but fun and with more happening through the wasteland setting compared to fields i guess. good fun

So I probably will be getting a 360 tommorow :) And I have a couple of questions:

- Will places like Game allow me to buy the basic console by itself, and then choose the games I want? Ive been looking on their site, and all they seem to offer are bundles with games I really dont want at all haha :confused: I want something like this for example

- Is it a good idea to get the arcade console? Im not that interested in downloading demos or anything, but will DLC still work? And will I have the option to buy a harddrive in he future if I want one? Is a hard drive really even needed?

- I am looking to get 2 games with this. Ones going to be fallout 3 :thumbsup: Im looking for another game to get, a game thats great fun in split-screen multiplayer as I wont be getting live for at least a month after. Whats Left 4 Dead like in split-screen? I love shooting games, but if theres problems such as major framerate issues, then I would rather get another game

Thank you in advance guys :D

• Awards Moderator

Sorry if this has been asked before: I've just got the full Guitar Hero World Tour package for Wii. If I was to buy a Rock Band game would I be able to use the GH:WT guitar, drums and mic, or would I have to buy a whole other set of controllers too?

Think I'm probably going to buy a game of some kind tomorrow - which Lego game is the best? Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Batman?

So I probably will be getting a 360 tommorow :) And I have a couple of questions:

- Will places like Game allow me to buy the basic console by itself, and then choose the games I want? Ive been looking on their site, and all they seem to offer are bundles with games I really dont want at all haha :confused: I want something like this for example

Most likely not, they'll prolly let you pick from a bunch of games, but no guarantee's on which ones

- Is it a good idea to get the arcade console? Im not that interested in downloading demos or anything, but will DLC still work? And will I have the option to buy a harddrive in he future if I want one? Is a hard drive really even needed?

YES a Hard drive is needed, not technically but if you want to get more than one lot of DLC a HD is a must.

Also someone (I forget who) got one for his kid? within 2 weeks he got a HD, despite everyone telling him to get one in the first place. (no I'm not shitting on you, just using your example to make a point)

- I am looking to get 2 games with this. Ones going to be fallout 3 :thumbsup: Im looking for another game to get, a game thats great fun in split-screen multiplayer as I wont be getting live for at least a month after. Whats Left 4 Dead like in split-screen? I love shooting games, but if theres problems such as major framerate issues, then I would rather get another game

Thank you in advance guys :D

Can't go far wrong with Halo 3 multiplayer.

campaign is multiplayer too, so it's not just deathmatches n shit.

Sorry if this has been asked before: I've just got the full Guitar Hero World Tour package for Wii. If I was to buy a Rock Band game would I be able to use the GH:WT guitar, drums and mic, or would I have to buy a whole other set of controllers too?

Think I'm probably going to buy a game of some kind tomorrow - which Lego game is the best? Star Wars, Indiana Jones or Batman?

yes.

Star wars

Edited by MRMIdAS