The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

When I was clearing out my room today I found a mint condition World Wrestling Allstars event programme under my bed. Was wondering a value of it?

A program for a promotion that ran about 3 modestly successul tours and a couple of ppv's 6 years ago that only a handful of people even remember? I wouldn't get your hopes up for much.

When i was clearing out my room today i found a mint condition World Wrestling Allstars event programme under my bed. Was wondering a value of it?

I found exactly the same thing in the summer, and some Aussie paid a whopping 99p to have it shipped to Australia. So be grateful if you get

This is a query for eagle-eyed viewers of 'The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior' DVD. About 1 hour & 15 mins into the documentary, where Vince, J.R etc are talking about Warrior being unreliable & missing dates in `96, a poster for some sort of WWF house-show tour comes on the screen. The main event listed is "Federation Champion" The Ultimate Warrior vs. Vader.

Now, did the WWF just produce these kind of advertisements for the benefit tempting casual or lapsed fans, with no intention of honouring the advertised matches & instead play their "card subject to change" er... card? Or was this a revealing insight on the DVD that, at some point in 1996, Vince McMahon did in fact plan to put the WWF title on the Warrior again before they fell out for the final time?

I did try to screencap the poster in question, but it didn't work & I couldn't be arsed to try again. But if anyone knows what I'm going on about, your theories on the matter would be greately appreciated...

This is a query for eagle-eyed viewers of 'The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior' DVD. About 1 hour & 15 mins into the documentary, where Vince, J.R etc are talking about Warrior being unreliable & missing dates in `96, a poster for some sort of WWF house-show tour comes on the screen. The main event listed is "Federation Champion" The Ultimate Warrior vs. Vader.Now, did the WWF just produce these kind of advertisements for the benefit tempting casual or lapsed fans, with no intention of honouring the advertised matches & instead play their "card subject to change" er... card? Or was this a revealing insight on the DVD that, at some point in 1996, Vince McMahon did in fact plan to put the WWF title on the Warrior again before they fell out for the final time?I did try to screencap the poster in question, but it didn't work & I couldn't be arsed to try again. But if anyone knows what I'm going on about, your theories on the matter would be greately appreciated...

There's an awesome story behind that. If you go over to Graham Cawthon's site you'll see an event poster from 1996 listing (I think) Shawn Michaels vs Vader for the WWE title. The poster is exactly the same as the Warrior one shown on the DVD only with Warrior in place of Michaels. At first you would assume it was a standard poster and they just replaced Warrior with Michaels at some point when Warrior left, but when you compare the poster from the site to the poster shown on the DVD you'll notice that it's the exact same image with the photo taken at the same angle and cut off in the same places. Basically they fabricated the entire thing and doctored the image from the History of WWE site just to make a good story for the DVD.

There's an awesome story behind that. If you go over to Graham Cawthon's site you'll see an event poster from 1996 listing (I think) Shawn Michaels vs Vader for the WWE title. The poster is exactly the same as the Warrior one shown on the DVD only with Warrior in place of Michaels. At first you would assume it was a standard poster and they just replaced Warrior with Michaels at some point when Warrior left, but when you compare the poster from the site to the poster shown on the DVD you'll notice that it's the exact same image with the photo taken at the same angle and cut off in the same places. Basically they fabricated the entire thing and doctored the image from the History of WWE site just to make a good story for the DVD.

I see. So in other words, there was never any intention back in `96 for the Warrior to become World Champ again, at least not to the best of public knowledge, anyway.Thanks for that, CTX. :)

• Paid Members

Hiya. Bad case of the runs, so I'll keep this brief.What is the deal with the video they always show where DiBiase is sitting in a WCW crowd giving the "Four Horsemen" sign?What was that all about? Thank you.

Edited by bAzTNM

Hiya. Bad case of the runs, so I'll keep this brief.What is the deal with the video they always show where DiBiase is sitting in a WCW crowd giving the "Four Horsemen" sign?What was that all about? Thank you.

It wasn't the Four Horsemen. It was signifying that he was the fourth member of the New World Order.

Maybe I'm going insane, but on rewatching Survivor Series, I could've sworn blind that Col. Mustafa was wearing Hulk Hogan wristbands! Did anybody ever find out the reason for calling Sid, 'Sycho' instead of 'Psycho'?

• Paid Members

Maybe I'm going insane, but on rewatching Survivor Series, I could've sworn blind that Col. Mustafa was wearing Hulk Hogan wristbands! Did anybody ever find out the reason for calling Sid, 'Sycho' instead of 'Psycho'?

At a guess, it's so you could trademark it for merchandise etc. 'Psycho Sid' may have been too generic to protect.

I just watched Brian Pillman vs Jushin from Superbrawl II on the Pillman Loose Cannon DVD. Can anyone remind of the legal wranglings as to why Jesse Ventura's commentary had to be dubbed out?

I believe Jeese had a big issue with WWF/E not paying royalties for "repeat performances" on his part. He claimed if they were going to re-release and re-use footage of him, he should get paid for his work each time, in the way that actors, and voice-over workers often do. Add in the fact that Jesse can afford law-suits and lawyers just as much as Vince can (for a change) and he seemed to have gotten his way. There was bad blood between Vince and Ventura going back years, even when Jesse was brought in as special Ref for a match back when he was getting a lot of media attention. Obviously, Vince put profits before ego that time around.It sucks for us, as Jesse was great on colour commentary!