The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Quick thing, didnt think it deserved a thread of its own.Ive just been watching ECW One Night Stand again, and Ive been spotting quite a few workers in the crowd, and I was just wondering what other ones people have noticed?So far Ive definately seen CW Anderson, Simon Diamond & Colt Cabana front row.

I notice AndyW has a fantastic sig video of Curt Hennig Perfectplexing the Big Show in WCW.Anyone got a proper videoclip with audio of this, and did this geta) Alot of attention at the time because it looks quite frankly incredibleb) Did it pin him?I remember he did it to the Show on Raw when he was back in 2002 and it was just brushed over and the Big Show immediatly kicked out. What is the point of that?

Quick thing, didnt think it deserved a thread of its own.Ive just been watching ECW One Night Stand again, and Ive been spotting quite a few workers in the crowd, and I was just wondering what other ones people have noticed?So far Ive definately seen CW Anderson, Simon Diamond & Colt Cabana front row.

Elektra was sat beside CW & Chetti - and was named by Styles as Sandman and Dreamer poured beer on her norks before their match.Other than that I don't think there were any other ex-ECW wrestlers/valets in the crowd and I'm fairly sure Cabana wasn't there.

Are there any wrestlers left in WWE who call a match in the ring, as a recent magazine article I read claims that almost all WWE matches are choreographed move-for-move nowadays? Any specifics would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's probably true for TV matches, as things are so heavily scripted and have to be very precisely timed. On the road, guys are being encouraged to call matches on the fly more and more as it teaches them how to adapt, how to listen to the crowd, and how to cope with the unexpected. I remember Randy Orton and someone (Shelton Benjamin?) getting high praise for a completely unscripted match a while back which, for two guys with very little experience, is pretty awesome.

Why does everyone in WWE hate Ashley Simpson? First Vince went out of his way to take the piss on Raw during the Eric Bischoff trial, then Chris Jericho made a remark on CD:USA a few weeks ago.Has she been outspoken about Jericho/wrestlers?

Are there any wrestlers left in WWE who call a match in the ring, as a recent magazine article I read claims that almost all WWE matches are choreographed move-for-move nowadays? Any specifics would be appreciated. Thanks.

That's probably true for TV matches, as things are so heavily scripted and have to be very precisely timed. On the road, guys are being encouraged to call matches on the fly more and more as it teaches them how to adapt, how to listen to the crowd, and how to cope with the unexpected. I remember Randy Orton and someone (Shelton Benjamin?) getting high praise for a completely unscripted match a while back which, for two guys with very little experience, is pretty awesome.
Thank you. I do still wish there would be more "calling on the fly" on TV, though. Edited by King Cobra

Why does everyone in WWE hate Ashley Simpson? First Vince went out of his way to take the piss on Raw during the Eric Bischoff trial, then Chris Jericho made a remark on CD:USA a few weeks ago.Has she been outspoken about Jericho/wrestlers?

I think its just a joke in America about how bad she is.

Funnily enough, I'm 90% certain it was Randy Orton and Maven that did the unscripted match. They let Maven go soon after :/

It's probably just because there was a backlash against Ashlee Simpson in America. We all know how WWE like to embrace such things and seem to jump on bandwagons in regards to social/political issues. As far as I know, she's never made negative comments about any wrestlers or the business itself.Ashlee ~ :love: Edited by Van_Dammer

Funnily enough, I'm 90% certain it was Randy Orton and Maven that did the unscripted match. They let Maven go soon after :/
I thought they just though of it themselves backstage, rather than have a road agent tell them. or maybe i read the report wron,g or maybe I'm thinking of the wrong match