The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Did any UK television channels broadcast AWA & World Class at all?...

AWA in itself didn't as far as I know. However, Central TV (the old Midlands ITV franchise) aired a variety of tapes in the late 80s/early 90s including Professional Wrestling from Florida (from the first half of 1989), Global Wrestling (Florida version, not the later Dallas group), and matches from the AWA/World Class/Memphis partnership of late 1988.Early 80s World Class aired here on Lifestyle (an old satellite women's-oriented channel).
I have a very vague memory of my stepdad coming back from a business trip and telling me about watching a wrestling show. He mentioned the Destruction crew and im sure he said it was called the AWA. It was on the original BSB satellite platform before it merged with Sky. I just can't be sure if old age is kidding me into thinking it was the AWA.

• Paid Members

AWA in itself didn't as far as I know. However, Central TV (the old Midlands ITV franchise) aired a variety of tapes in the late 80s/early 90s including Professional Wrestling from Florida (from the first half of 1989), Global Wrestling (Florida version, not the later Dallas group), and matches from the AWA/World Class/Memphis partnership of late 1988.Early 80s World Class aired here on Lifestyle (an old satellite women's-oriented channel).
I have a very vague memory of my stepdad coming back from a business trip and telling me about watching a wrestling show. He mentioned the Destruction crew and im sure he said it was called the AWA. It was on the original BSB satellite platform before it merged with Sky. I just can't be sure if old age is kidding me into thinking it was the AWA.
Destruction Crew would likely be the AWA - they went on to be the Beverly Brothers in WWF. BSB's sports channel was showing WCW at one point as, for a short while after the merger (at which point it became Sky Sports), both WCW and WWF aired on Sky channels. So it's certainly possible they were showing AWA before that.

Destruction Crew would likely be the AWA - they went on to be the Beverly Brothers in WWF. BSB's sports channel was showing WCW at one point as, for a short while after the merger (at which point it became Sky Sports), both WCW and WWF aired on Sky channels. So it's certainly possible they were showing AWA before that.
Yeah i remember being quite shocked when i found out that the Beverly's were the Destruction crew as for years i had always presumed that the Destruction crew was a Demolition type gimmick.

-Can someone confirm/deny whether or not Randy Orton used CM Punks current theme tune for about 1/2 weeks (before going back to using the other theme he's always had) just before Punk entered into WWE programming back when?-What's the stuff that Sonjay Dutt/Homicide always wear on their shoulder for? It just looks like a giant plaster...Thanks!

• Paid Members

-Can someone confirm/deny whether or not Randy Orton used CM Punks current theme tune for about 1/2 weeks (before going back to using the other theme he's always had) just before Punk entered into WWE programming back when?-What's the stuff that Sonjay Dutt/Homicide always wear on their shoulder for? It just looks like a giant plaster...Thanks!

Yeah, he did. WWE had the rights to the song for a while, but apparently Orton didn't like it so he went back to his old one. I think Punk mentioned in an interview that when he was approaching his debut he had the choice of a few songs, and chose that one because he's a fan of Killswitch.

Yeah, he did. WWE had the rights to the song for a while, but apparently Orton didn't like it so he went back to his old one. I think Punk mentioned in an interview that when he was approaching his debut he had the choice of a few songs, and chose that one because he's a fan of Killswitch.
Ahh ok. Thanks for clearing that up mate- thought I'd been imagining him using it for a while there!

something i have always wondered (and maybe there is no answer but anyhow), when the 4 horsemen returned to WCW in 1993, i know Paul Roma only joined when Tully Blanchard failed a drug test or something, but why did they choose Paul Roma? surely they could have brought someone who was already in the locker room to be a member?

• Paid Members

What happened to Jim Neidhart in 1997? Pre-Summerslam, he was talking about shaving his beard off if any HF member lost a match. Then he disappeared pretty much until after one night only. Any particular reason?

What happened to Jim Neidhart in 1997? Pre-Summerslam, he was talking about shaving his beard off if any HF member lost a match. Then he disappeared pretty much until after one night only. Any particular reason?

From Wiki :"Jim Neidhart said that if any combination of Bret, Owen, Pillman or Bulldog lost at SummerSlam, he would shave off his signature goatee on the following episode of RAW. Owen and Pillman both lost their matches but Neidhart never shaved his goatee. The reason the stipulation was dropped was because Neidhart left the WWF temporarily to finish wrestling his independent circuit contract."

This has been narking me for a couple of days. When Bret Hart and Lex Luger jointly won the Royal Rumble, there was a coin toss to decide who would face Yokozuna first at Wrestlemania, and the other would face the champion later that night. Now I know Luger got the first shot, which lead to Bret Vs Owen. But if the coin toss went the other way who would have Luger faced?