The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Why is Jay Phoenix now called James Wallace? slightly confused by that

Because Steve Corino and Samoa Joe gave the guy such a bad rep he had to change his name?

So they haven't had a match then!Oh hang on they Main evented Wrestlemania 2 years ago, oh no that was me playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006!

I think you may have misunderstood what Ron was saying - they did have a match but it was at a video games expo as opposed to being on a show.

Because Steve Corino and Samoa Joe gave the guy such a bad rep he had to change his name?

So they haven't had a match then!Oh hang on they Main evented Wrestlemania 2 years ago, oh no that was me playing Smackdown vs Raw 2006!

I think you may have misunderstood what Ron was saying - they did have a match but it was at a video games expo as opposed to being on a show.
I saw that match recently, Jericho and Victoria vs Rey and Trish. Certainly one of the strangest bouts I've seen to this day.

• Paid Members

Is it this one, Smackdown Xtreme, Feb 1st 2001:SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
February 1, 2001: World Tag Team Champions, The Dudley Boyz, defeated The Hardy Boyz in a tables match...Women's Champion, Ivory, defeated Lita and Jacquline in a three-way match...The Acolytes defeated Edge and Christian...Intercontinental Champion, Chris Jericho, defeated Tazz...The Big Show defeated Billy Gunn...The Undertaker and Kane defeated Rikishi Phatu and Haku in a first blood match...World Champion, Kurt Angle, defeated The Rock

• Paid Members

Is it this one, Smackdown Xtreme, Feb 1st 2001:SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read
February 1, 2001: World Tag Team Champions, The Dudley Boyz, defeated The Hardy Boyz in a tables match...Women's Champion, Ivory, defeated Lita and Jacquline in a three-way match...The Acolytes defeated Edge and Christian...Intercontinental Champion, Chris Jericho, defeated Tazz...The Big Show defeated Billy Gunn...The Undertaker and Kane defeated Rikishi Phatu and Haku in a first blood match...World Champion, Kurt Angle, defeated The Rock

That was the show where Bubba Dudley nearly KILLED one of the Hardys by doing a Bubba Bomb from the entrance way, through a bunch of tables, to the ground. A big ouch.Haku was in the WWF in 2001? Don't remember.Worth tracking down.

• Paid Members

Haku was in the WWF in 2001? Don't remember.

He re-debuted at the Royal Rumble. One of the last genuinely surprising moment I can remember. He was the WCW Hardcore champion at the time, but working without a contract.He quickly became Rikishi's tag team partner and dragged him down to his level. He had insane hair.

• Paid Members

[\quote]Haku was in the WWF in 2001? Don't remember.I think Haku jumped from WCW to WWF in January 2001, showing up as a surprise entrant in the Royal Rumble. One week earlier he had won the Hardcore title at WCW Sin, but wasn't actually under contract at the time.

• Paid Members

What happened to the WCW Hardcore Title after Haku left?Cheers.

I think Haku gave it to a WCW wrestler (Barbarian?) to give back to the company. I don't think WCW ever used the belt again. Mind you they did get bought out 2 months later

• Paid Members

I haven't really followed it, but I think it's been decided that the "real" James Wallace (ie the reputation he seems to have attained) is a far more hateable heel character than "Jay Phoenix".

Yeah this show was to celebrate the introduction of the XFL!

In 2001 there was a WWF Smackdown show called Smackdown X Can anybody give me a date of this show?

I dont really remember that show in particular, but can anyone confirm that there have been a few more smackdown "Xtreme" shows? I seem to remember seeing a few of these, and that one in particular was astonishingly good.