The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Back in the days of WWF In Your House events, were they actual PPVs or taped house shows? Just wondered because I bought a few of them off the market today! :D

They were all live PPVs. The only difference was that until Ground Zero (IYH 17, I think), they were two hours and were slightly cheaper than the bigger shows (Rumble, Mania, KOTR, Summerslam and Survivors).

• Paid Members

Yeah, the gimmick was that you got a two hour show for half the price of a three hour show. Funny thing is that when they went to all three-hour shows (which were worse value as you paid double the price just to get an extra hour of undercard), the buyrates actually went up, mainly because people saw the shows as more important. This was a major major factor in the finances turning around and, had WWF seen the results earlier, the whole Bret Hart release/Montreal deal might never have been needed.

Guest Josh Jenkins

I'm watching King of The Ring 1998 right now, and Paul Bearer is in the ring, and I just realised how different he looks with blonde hair. It's not just his hair that looks different, it's his whole appearence. Is there a story behind that sudden change of appearence?

Undertaker threw a fireball in Bearer's face during his match with Mankind at the In Your House: Revenge Of The Taker ppv in April 1997.It was when Bearer returned to tv a few months later after recovering from the burns that he had no moustache and his natural hair colour. That was when he started mentioning about Undertaker's little brother Kane being still alive, and the rest is history.

That was when he started mentioning about Undertaker's little brother Kane being still alive, and the rest is history.

Just on that note, I hope WWE does something next month to acknowledge that October 5 will be the ten year anniversary of the debut of Kane.EDIT: Just checked, it falls on a Friday, after all. Edited by freaky_jason

The Truth Commission were South African militants, they are most remembered for being led by The Jackyl (Cyrus in ECW), but had a leader before him who I think was called The Commander or something along those lines. The members were Kurrgan (Who would go on to be in The Oddities), Recon (Bull Buchanan, I think)... As you can probably tell my memory is a little hazy. I think there were two more members as well.

• Paid Members

A couple of questions.1. When was Sunny's last WWF appreance, and what sort of shape was she in?2. Who were The Truth Commision?

I'd imagine Sunny's last appearance was in 1999, when she managed the short lived LOD 2000. She was still looking hot then.The Truth Commission where originally a South African 'army' faction, Kurgan, Sniper and Recon (who was Bull Buchanan) led by a General type figure. He was then replaced by the Jekyll (Don Callis) and they lost any real identity. Kurgan moved on into the odities, Callis left for ECW, Buchanan achieved a bit of notoriety and the other guy disappeared.

A couple of questions.1. When was Sunny's last WWF appreance, and what sort of shape was she in?2. Who were The Truth Commision?

I'd imagine Sunny's last appearance was in 1999, when she managed the short lived LOD 2000. She was still looking hot then.The Truth Commission where originally a South African 'army' faction, Kurgan, Sniper and Recon (who was Bull Buchanan) led by a General type figure. He was then replaced by the Jekyll (Don Callis) and they lost any real identity. Kurgan moved on into the odities, Callis left for ECW, Buchanan achieved a bit of notoriety and the other guy disappeared.
Kurrgan originally went under the guise of 'Interrogator' for a brief period before becoming Kurrgan. The General type went by the name of The Commandant, and as said didn't last long before being replaced by the Jackyl.