The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

I believe ROH simply felt their other Philadelphia venues were better financial deals and, unlike many promotions, didn't think the prestige of running ECW Arena was worth losing out financially.

It might also be a size thing, because the National Guard Armory is much bigger than than the New Alhambra Arena, without being too much bigger (having bleechers that extend quite a way back). It's a damned shame it's such a f**king pain in the arse to get to, but I suppose I'm sort of just name-dropping in a way now... :smug:
Well you are a bit of a big deal... ;)

I believe ROH simply felt their other Philadelphia venues were better financial deals and, unlike many promotions, didn't think the prestige of running ECW Arena was worth losing out financially.

It might also be a size thing, because the National Guard Armory is much bigger than than the New Alhambra Arena, without being too much bigger (having bleechers that extend quite a way back). It's a damned shame it's such a f**king pain in the arse to get to, but I suppose I'm sort of just name-dropping in a way now... :smug:
Well you are a bit of a big deal... ;)
You're darn tootin...

What ever happened to High Voltage I always thought they were a pretty decent tag team in WCW, enjoyed their mini-feud with Public Enemy.

Robbie Rage:Summer 2000: Robbie Rage left WCW for good and returned to New Japan Pro Wrestling..He worked there in the early 2000I couldnt find anything on Kenny Kaos

• Paid Members

What ever happened to High Voltage I always thought they were a pretty decent tag team in WCW, enjoyed their mini-feud with Public Enemy.

Robbie Rage:Summer 2000: Robbie Rage left WCW for good and returned to New Japan Pro Wrestling..He worked there in the early 2000I couldnt find anything on Kenny Kaos
Kenny Kaos became WCW Tag Champion with Rick Steiner didn't he? After that I don't know.

Considering Hogans reputed reluctance to do the job for so many guys, why did he lay down for so many people when he first returned to WWE?

I'd say to suggest he was a team player and had "changed" from the old days in order to say "hey I jobbed to him, he should return the favour"

Considering Hogans reputed reluctance to do the job for so many guys, why did he lay down for so many people when he first returned to WWE?

I'd say to suggest he was a team player and had "changed" from the old days in order to say "hey I jobbed to him, he should return the favour"
It wasn't to loads really! It was to The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and Kurt Angle.The Rock; He was one of the biggest superstars if not THE at the time. Also Hogan got put over well in the match at the same time.Brock Lesnar; o.k it was good of Hogan to put Brock over in this way, however it did result in Hogan taking time off so it was good for him in that essence.Undertaker; They go back years and Undertaker as done the job for Hogan in the past. Also he had to do the job to drop the title. He'd already been given a run with the title within 2 months back in the company (and he even won it off triple H) The least he could do was job to Undertaker in return for a nostalgia title run.Kurt Angle; He did put him over really well, he even tapped which was good. hats off to him for this one. Did Angle ever return the job?

It wasn't to loads really! It was to The Rock, Brock Lesnar, Undertaker and Kurt Angle.The Rock; He was one of the biggest superstars if not THE at the time. Also Hogan got put over well in the match at the same time.
The classic example of how to go over while 'losing'

Guest Josh Jenkins

What's this "Christian trying to make weight for the cruiserweight title in a chicken suit" stuff I'm hearing a lot about in Edge's biography? The whole sentence doesn't make sense. Why would Christian need to make weight for the cruiserweight title, and why was he wearing a chicken suit to do so?