The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Whatever happened to Ice Train? I've been watching 1996 Nitro's (what a bag of shit, but that's besides the point) and he had a teeny bit of potential as a big man, although he pales in comparison with Big Scott Norton. When and why did he leave WCW and what did he do after that?

I can't remember the exact time, though it may have been during the New Blood-era, but he eventually became the wrestling chauffer (sp?) Biggs. The guy had plenty of charisma, though very little he ever did in the ring impressed me. I do seem to recall that he got plenty of work in Austria/Germany for Otto Wanz...
Mr Biggs was Clarence Mason's lawyer gimmick in WCW around the same time. You're thinking of MI Smooth.
Shucks, you're right! Jeez, WCW really was something of a case of throwing a lot of shit at the wall and hoping some of it sticks...

Big Ron Studd also had a terrible match as the Super Giant Ninja against One Man Gang in WCW.Reno, Rick Cornell, was actually picked up by the WWE when they purchased WCW. He never made TV, and was stuck in HWA the entire duration of his time with the company, and only had either one or two dark matches. Complete shortsightedness on WWE's part as he had an awful lot of potential. Then again so did Kid Romeo, and they did nothing with him either.

Was Reno the storyline brother of Vito? Because his finisher was Rolling The Dice, and it looked a killer.

• Paid Members

Why did Edge revert from using his Rob Zombie theme back to the Edge & Christian theme in 2004?

I would imagine it was simply a case of the agreement between WWE and Rob Zombie to use the track expiring.

Tokyo Magnum - Works for Toryumon/Dragon Gate in Japan, as one of its main stars. Havent seen or heard about him for a while mind. I presume he still works there. Im pretty sure its Magnum TOKYO, as well.

Not anymore. Thankfully, he's resigned from the company, and is taking some time off. Probably eating pies.

• Paid Members

Was Reno the storyline brother of Vito? Because his finisher was Rolling The Dice, and it looked a killer.

I believe he was his brother in storyline terms. If he really is his brother I'm not sure.

Who was the colour commentator on this weeks SD! 'From The Vault' (November 13th 2002)?It wasn't King, Heyman or Tazz, and whoever it was isn't listed on wikipedia.

It was Ernest 'The Cat' Miller, who if I remember correctly, mostly did commentary on Velocity with Josh Matthews at the time.Finlay
What ever happened to him? I remember him replacing Tazz on Smackdown Commentry duties when he was having "personal problems", he then commentated on Velocity, was taken off commentry and he then started wrestling again. I can remember him dancing with Vince and during a Royal Rumble. Tazz always used to sing his theme which was funny! He was then released! Did he feud with anyone? Anyone remember his servant? Lamont, he became APA's servant as well for a short period.

Who was the colour commentator on this weeks SD! 'From The Vault' (November 13th 2002)?It wasn't King, Heyman or Tazz, and whoever it was isn't listed on wikipedia.

It was Ernest 'The Cat' Miller, who if I remember correctly, mostly did commentary on Velocity with Josh Matthews at the time.Finlay
What ever happened to him? I remember him replacing Tazz on Smackdown Commentry duties when he was having "personal problems", he then commentated on Velocity, was taken off commentry and he then started wrestling again. I can remember him dancing with Vince and during a Royal Rumble. Tazz always used to sing his theme which was funny! He was then released! Did he feud with anyone? Anyone remember his servant? Lamont, he became APA's servant as well for a short period.
Lamont!!! There is a blast from the past :) I vaguely remember The Cat being a bit outspoken on interviews after his release staing that if Vince McMahon stopped suddenly somewhere he'd end up getting a few heads jammed up his ass. Or something to that effect. To be honest I can't remember any notable WWE feuds he had.

What was the original ECW's largest attendence for a show?What's the maxium attendance at the ECW Arena/Viking Hall/etcDuring it's busiest time how many shows a week did ECW run?What was the attendance for the ROH show ran at the ECW Arena, and how come they've only done one show there?When did ROH change the look of its venue, i watched the first few and then didnt see any for about a year, they used to run what looked like sports halls and the lighting was really bright, where as now the venues are normally dark except for lights on the ring.

Read Turning The Tables! :pThe ECW Arena had an official capacity around 1400, but I think they squeezed in about 1600 on occasion. They claimed over 2000 times though. :rolleyes: I think the biggest attendance was just under 6000 for Anarchy Rulz 2000.At it's busiest, I don't think ECW ever ran more than a couple of shows per week. There were some weeks they ran three (Fri-Sun), but I don't think they ever went genuinely full-time.ROH used to run at a Rec Center in Philly and they didn't have a lot of money to spend on decent lighting. As the company grew and they got into better buildings, lighting was something they could afford to spend money on. I think it's that simple, to be honest. I may be wrong, but I think part of it was related to Feinstein leaving and the remaining crew wanting to take the look of the company in a slightly different direction.I've no idea about the ROH show at the ECW Arena.

• Paid Members

The biggest ECW crowd (6,000) was actually Anarchy Rulz 99.The legal capacity of ECW Arena was 1,080 and realistically they don't appear to have ever had that many more. They used to claim 1,500 as a standard sellout, but there's no way they had that many in the building. The seating set-up for Barely Legal had room for a tad over a thousand people and there's only so many more you can squeeze in as standing room.They went to a regular three shows per week schedule from late 1998. They later tried four a week for a brief spell but it led to too many injuries/too much toning down the style to be viable.I believe ROH simply felt their other Philadelphia venues were better financial deals and, unlike many promotions, didn't think the prestige of running ECW Arena was worth losing out financially.

I believe ROH simply felt their other Philadelphia venues were better financial deals and, unlike many promotions, didn't think the prestige of running ECW Arena was worth losing out financially.

It might also be a size thing, because the National Guard Armory is much bigger than than the New Alhambra Arena, without being too much bigger (having bleechers that extend quite a way back). It's a damned shame it's such a f**king pain in the arse to get to, but I suppose I'm sort of just name-dropping in a way now... :smug: