The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

I'm looking for some background on why Marty Jannetty was finred the last (2) times from the WWE? I just watched his match with Kurt Angle on Smackdown, and it looked like they'd found themselves a new top level face, the crowd were mad for him and he was still a phenomenal wrestler. I've read that it MAY have been due to parole problem, or something, but does anyone actually know? He must have been fired more times by WWE than anyone else, and yet I still think he should be brought back.

He couldn't wrestle in certain states due to his parole. He did a run in on the spirit squad and he did a kiss my ass/ masterlock segment but was then gone. He was brought back after that as a trainer/ coach but never made it back to WWE TV. Rumours say he's been sacked again but then Jannetty said he hadn't. Don't know what happened then but I don't think he works for them now!

Where is Jado & Gedo working at the moment?

They're full time wrestlers for New Japan at the moment, as part of Jushin Liger's CTU faction. They recently lost the IWGP Jnr Heavyweight Tag Titles, and still hold the WAR International Jnr Heavyweight tag titles. Just recently, they've been representing New Japan in Dragon Gate a lot, as part of the ongoing relationship between the companies.

• Paid Members

I'm watching WCW from 96/97 and was wondering when the comentators talked via phone to Lee Marshell on Nitro, if he was actually at the locations they said he was talking from or if he was just talking from the back?

He couldn't wrestle in certain states due to his parole. He did a run in on the spirit squad and he did a kiss my ass/ masterlock segment but was then gone. He was brought back after that as a trainer/ coach but never made it back to WWE TV. Rumours say he's been sacked again but then Jannetty said he hadn't. Don't know what happened then but I don't think he works for them now!

Thank you Mab, though that's just the usual rumour stuff.Does anyone actually know anything more substantial than this?

Guest Josh Jenkins

I remember hearing about a Wrestlemania documentary airing before Wrestlemania 16. I think it was called Wrestlemania All Day Long, is this correct?

• Paid Members

I remember hearing about a Wrestlemania documentary airing before Wrestlemania 16. I think it was called Wrestlemania All Day Long, is this correct?

It was more a highlights review of Mania 1-XV, presented by Ivory and Coach, IIRC. Maybe Ivory and Cole. It was about 3-4 hours long, and you got it as part of the ppv price. It was also on the 2nd disc of the Mania 16 dvd.

I think the first 1 was a 100th show sometime in Summer 97, it featured Luger beating Hogan for the title, and it was the last Nitro before Hog Wild

Think you may be right. I had it in my memory of Spring Break '97 being 3-hours, maybe not. I've got all the '98 Nitro's, I'm sure they officially jumped to 3 hours sometime in January of that year but they had a few other "one-offs" before that. Edited by shinyahashimoto

• Paid Members

I think the first 1 was a 100th show sometime in Summer 97, it featured Luger beating Hogan for the title, and it was the last Nitro before Hog Wild

Think you may be right. I had it in my memory of Spring Break '97 being 3-hours, maybe not. I've got all the '98 Nitro's, I'm sure they officially jumped to 3 hours sometime in January of that year but they had a few other "one-offs" before that.
Pretty sure Spring Break wasn't three hours, watched that Nitro a few months ago the main thing I remember being Piper showing up with his family (Earthquake and two jobbers) and Kevin Sullivan going crazy and dumping some guy (whose name escapes me) in the pool.

Thank you Mab, though that's just the usual rumour stuff.Does anyone actually know anything more substantial than this?
I was only trying to help!No one else as answered so I just said roughly what I remembered but none of it is really definite because Jannetty as denied being released in the past when its been reported.