The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

• Paid Members

Anybody know, how or why The One Man Gang became Akeem? They had the same manager and it was around about the same time frame, did he just go away for a few weeks and come back as Akeem or did he morph into the character like Tito Santana became El Matador.

From Wikipedia, probably ain't accurate, but sounds right..

Following his loss at WrestleMania, Gang was placed lower "on the card," feuding with Bam Bam Bigelow, Koko B. Ware, and Don Muraco. In September 1988, One Man Gang's manager, Slick, announced that Gang was actually African, and planned to re-embrace his roots. An episode of WWF Superstars, which aired on September 24, 1988, featured a vignette with Gene Okerlund on-location in "deepest darkest part of Africa", where he found One Man Gang transforming himself into his new persona. Slick announced from that point on, Gang would be referred to by his new name, Akeem, the African Dream. Ted DiBiase chose Akeem to join his team to fight Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage's team at the upcoming Survivor Series. The match featured Akeem along with teammate Big Bossman handcuffing Hulk Hogan to the ring post while they dominated the Macho Man, although Hogan eventually overcame the odds and defeated the two men. Shortly afterward, Bossman and Akeem teamed up to form the Twin Towers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Man_Gang Edited by bAzTNM

Who sang Maven's theme song and what was it called?

From Wiki:
  • [*]The band
Big Mother Thruster did his theme song, "Tattoo". It featured the guest vocals of Cage Von Dozier. The song was recorded in just 2 hours for the cost of $700.

Thanks. That's the worst name for a band ever.
Now known as Mercy Drive
The song's not called "Tattoo" either; it's "Memory".

No, the skit was set in some inner city (presumably meant to beHalstead Street in Chicago). It involved a ghetto blaster, a big cauldron, some smoke and some dancing black men.

And it is one of the greatest 80's wrestling moments. I have it on video somewhere but cant remember where!

• Paid Members

Prior to Wrestlemania XIV, was there much speculation over who the suprise tag-team entrants would be in the opening match?

I think I remember L.O.D. having a roll-about on the mat fight on Raw a few weeks beforehand. So I believe nobody thought it would be the L.O.D, but I'm probably wrong.

No, the skit was set in some inner city (presumably meant to beHalstead Street in Chicago). It involved a ghetto blaster, a big cauldron, some smoke and some dancing black men.

And it is one of the greatest 80's wrestling moments. I have it on video somewhere but cant remember where!
It can be found on one of the Hulk Who? volumes, produced by a certain Mr Lister, probably around 10 years ago!

And I think LOD were renamed LOD 2000 with Sunny as their manager and some pretty nifty new outfits - looked good if I recall correctly...Now for my question:Can anyone tell me the name of the song used for the Wrestlemania highlights packages last Monday on RAW?