The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

:yinyang: When/Why was the "Saturday Night Shotgun" show cancelled

I think it became "Jakked" sometime in late 1999. I think that became Velocity when they did the brand split in 2002. I'm asumming the name change in 1999 was probably so that they wouldnt be associated with gun crime etc.EDIT: I just found "Jakked" results from 1999-2002 here if anyones interested in themOWW-Jakked Results. They have some pretty weird tag teams and some relatively well-known jobbers in there.
If what you're asking is the reason why the original Shotgun Saturday Night live broadcasts ended, the reason was they decided to go to two hours of Raw each week (live every second week), and they couldn't really spare the manhours to do Shotgun live. The matches that would be taped for Shotgun were on Jakked in the States, while we got it here as "Metal". IIRC it was first run on Sky One on Saturday afternoons...

A question about HBK's Sweet Chin Music.When did the crowd start counting the number of times his foot hits the mat in preparation for the move and why?

Alright, bit of a strange one. During the Attitude Era, RAW is WAR was the name of the first hour and the second hour was called The Warzone. Post 9/11 they simply became RAW and RAW Zone. Now I know why the shows were split into two seperate hour shows and given different names but I'm wondering if it still happens? Even if they don't call it as such on air, do the WWE still portray RAW as two one hour shows back to back to sell their advertising spaces at a higher rate?

• Paid Members

Alright, bit of a strange one. During the Attitude Era, RAW is WAR was the name of the first hour and the second hour was called The Warzone. Post 9/11 they simply became RAW and RAW Zone. Now I know why the shows were split into two seperate hour shows and given different names but I'm wondering if it still happens? Even if they don't call it as such on air, do the WWE still portray RAW as two one hour shows back to back to sell their advertising spaces at a higher rate?

Yep, that's still the case. If you watch exactly an hour into the show, there's a copyright notice followed by an 'SAP' (transmitted in Spanish) logo - this is the official switch between shows.

So, now i'm at uni and don't have access to SkySports i'm missing out on the run up to Wrestlemania.Does anyone know where i can download episodes on my laptop?I'm a computer retard so if it's even slightly difficult i'll need it spelt out to me, PM me if you have to.