The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

Legit reason for Rude leaving was that he was out of action with an injury. During this time WWF kept advertising him for main events knowing he wouldn't appear. He argued that as his name was being used to draw, he should be getting the main event payoffs. Vince disagreed so he left.He didn't sign with WCW until just before his debut. He worked at least one indy date earlier in 1991

Which I do believe was against Paul Orndorff for the Tri-State Wrestling Alliance...

• Paid Members

August 1992: What is left of the NWA (a handful of indy promoters and a management board) works with WCW to revive the NWA title. Rick Rude wins the NWA title in New Japan's G-1 Climax tournament.

Erm... wasn't that Masa Chono? He then dropped it to Muta in January 1993, who, in turn, passed it on to Barry Windham at Superbrawl in March. Flair then wins it from Windham in June/July time.How the fuck can I remember this, but not where I left my door keys?
That was definitely Chono.Lister in mistake shocker :laugh:
Ugh, braineurysm. Chono beat Rude in the tournament final. :blush:

• Paid Members

Does anyone know of a website that archives lucha libre results in english?At the moment i'm looking for AAA results but other lucha would be useful as well.

Its not in English but is pretty straight forward (and has lots of pics).CMLL Blog
Cheers for that, it'l come in handy. Anyone know of results for AAA?

Will CZW still be able to run shows in the Hammerstein Ballroom, or has ECW revival caused an indefinite stop to them using it?

CZW don't run in the Hammerstein, they run in the old ECW Arena/New Alhambra. ECW's presense has not stopped them from running there though, but I have heard rumours they're going to move out due to so many indy companies running there and ruining the fact that they see it as their home. But that is just a rumour.